Akashagarbha Sutra ?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Akashagarbha Sutra ?

Postby kirtu » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Last edited by kirtu on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

plwk

Postby plwk » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:02 pm

narraboth

Postby narraboth » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:55 pm

well, i have never heard of that kind of ban.
(I don't think a Tibetan lama can ban a Chinese to read sutra in Chinese, especially in nowadays)
and luckily i am a chinese who happen could read most of sutra in original form.
no one told me that i can not.

but still, if i find some places puzzle me, i would look for explanation rather than guess by myself.

also to hengfan, reading sutra can be either easy or difficult compare to reading commentaries (at least for me as a chinese user), depends on what sutra you are reading.
Pureland sutras are easy to read, but some philosophical topics are quite difficult to catch without proper explanation.

Dharmaspace

Postby Dharmaspace » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:26 pm

pueraeternus

Postby pueraeternus » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:54 pm

Due to the 2MB file size, I wasn't able to attach it here on DW. Anyone who like to have a microfilm copy of Visser's work, send me a PM with your email address.
If you believe certain words, you believe their hidden arguments. When you believe something is right or wrong, true of false, you believe the assumptions in the words which express the arguments. Such assumptions are often full of holes, but remain most precious to the convinced.

- The Open-Ended Proof from The Panoplia Prophetica

Nicholas Weeks

Postby Nicholas Weeks » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:28 am

About ten pages of the Arya-Akasagarbha-Mahayana Sutra are translated in this book about the Arya Sangha of the Eight Mahabodhisattvas:

A Garland of Jewels by Jamgon Mipham
A bodhisattva does not become weary of evil beings nor does he commit the error of bringing forth thoughts inclined to reject them and cast them aside. Avatamsaka Sutra, ch. 25

WuMing

Postby WuMing » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:31 am

There is a German translation available (translated from Korean and Chinese) by Bop Jon Sunim Tenzin Tharchin

今以佛眼觀之佛與眾生同住解脫之床。無此無彼無二平等。
Now, observing with the eye of the Buddha, both the Buddha and ordinary beings are in the same liberated state. There is neither this nor that: there is only non-duality and identity.
- 空海 Kūkai in Unjigi 吽字義 The Meaning of the Letter Hūṃ
- Kūkai on the Philosophy of Language by Takagi Shingen and Dreitlein Eijō
_______
Śrī Singha said to Padmasambhava:
Since buddhas and sentient beings are inseparable and the same, it is necessary to respect all sentient beings as being on the same level with the buddhas. Can you?
- translated by Malcolm N. Smith

kirtu
Former staff member

Postby kirtu » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:43 pm

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

roymartinez7

Postby roymartinez7 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:09 pm

I found two PDFs of the Akashagarbha Sutra. Unfortunately, I don't know German and my Tibetan is poor at best. So if anyone is able and willing to translate the German version it would be much appreciated! :buddha1:

Losal Samten

Postby Losal Samten » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:21 pm

Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”