WOMPT & Sex

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: WOMPT & Sex

Postby Nemo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:51 am

In my personal experience everything that comes from a realized individual is supreme medicine. Even corpse salt from a high Lama is a wonderful medicine for ones practice.

The best example I have is from being plumber. I was fixing the sewer pipes of a high Lama. He had not been informed of my work and took a shower while I was working on it. As I was scrambling around I noticed the water seemed to have a luminous quality. I had no idea who was using the water but reached out and touched it. Instantly my mind was calm and vast like space. Like I had spent many weeks in deep retreat. It stayed like that for a few days. It did not matter what I did. My mind did not move. Erotic thoughts, sleepiness or watching TV it all felt the same.

I asked the Lama about it. He said that yes it was normal, but Lama's usually do not give those kind of blessings. It does not last and he considered it showing off.

If that is what bath water will do I can't imagine how powerful those other substances mentioned would be.
Nemo

Postby Virgo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:14 am

Ha ha. That's great nemo. But am I missing something?

Kevin
Virgo

Postby el_chupacabra » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:45 am

Virgo wrote:Ha ha. That's great nemo. But am I missing something?

Kevin

Well, if the Lama is anything like me, that luminous stuff wasn't water! :tongue:
el_chupacabra

Postby wayland » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Namdrol wrote:It is from Tibetan Medicine as well as Dzogchen Nyinthig.

Simply put, sukra [semen], both male and female is the the byproduct [kita] that is left over when the final product of digestion, ojas, is formed. Ojas is the real "bodhicitta" in the body, and directly supports the indestructible drop in the heart. N

Thanks Namdrol. So I guess, on this basis, the level of Ojas has more to do with correct diet than semen loss or retention?
:namaste:
wayland

Postby Malcolm » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:35 pm

wayland wrote:
Namdrol wrote:It is from Tibetan Medicine as well as Dzogchen Nyinthig.

Simply put, sukra [semen], both male and female is the the byproduct [kita] that is left over when the final product of digestion, ojas, is formed. Ojas is the real "bodhicitta" in the body, and directly supports the indestructible drop in the heart. N

Thanks Namdrol. So I guess, on this basis, the level of Ojas has more to do with correct diet than semen loss or retention?

That depends on a number of factors. Ojas can be lost with semen if a man's digestion processes are not good, if they are not eating well, etc. Other causes for the deterioration of ojas is stress, worry, poor habits such as staying up to late, not getting proper rest and so on. Also one is more likely to loose ojas with semen in the summer when one's diet is less nutrititous, less oily, lighter, rougher, and so on.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
Malcolm

Postby wayland » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:51 pm

Namdrol wrote:That depends on a number of factors. Ojas can be lost with semen if a man's digestion processes are not good, if they are not eating well, etc. Other causes for the deterioration of ojas is stress, worry, poor habits such as staying up to late, not getting proper rest and so on. Also one is more likely to loose ojas with semen in the summer when one's diet is less nutrititous, less oily, lighter, rougher, and so on.

Thanks Namdrol. Looks like quite a complex topic. In some ways more multi-faceted than one may initially think.
wayland

Postby Virgo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:50 pm

wayland wrote:
Namdrol wrote:That depends on a number of factors. Ojas can be lost with semen if a man's digestion processes are not good, if they are not eating well, etc. Other causes for the deterioration of ojas is stress, worry, poor habits such as staying up to late, not getting proper rest and so on. Also one is more likely to loose ojas with semen in the summer when one's diet is less nutrititous, less oily, lighter, rougher, and so on.

Thanks Namdrol. Looks like quite a complex topic. In some ways more multi-faceted than one may initially think.

It was statements like that that made me realize how important health is in Buddhism.

Kevin
Virgo

Postby Kai » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:50 pm

Virgo wrote:It was statements like that that made me realize how important health is in Buddhism.

Kevin

Health is always important. Thats why Buddha advised people to start practice when they are young, not when they are old and retiring.
Kai

Postby Virgo » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:57 pm

Kai wrote:
Virgo wrote:It was statements like that that made me realize how important health is in Buddhism.

Kevin

Health is always important. Thats why Buddha advised people to start practice when they are young, not when they are old and retiring.

Right but it works on many levels. For example, knowing about ojas is good for your practice.

Kevin
Virgo

Previous

Return to Tibetan Buddhism