Best Yidams to Remove Obstacles

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Reibeam
Location: On the Western continent In the mountains close to space

Re: Best Yidams to Remove Obstacles

Post by Reibeam »

Lhug-Pa wrote:
Nangwa wrote:Dorje Drollo
Guru Dragphur
Vajrakilaya
And Sang and Serkyem offerings, Simhamukha, or in some cases Soul Retrieval, Vajra Armor, Red Garuda, or Black Manjushri.

Oh and as Mr. G also mentioned of course Green Tara, and Odzer Chenma.

Also, isn't there a Buddhist Ganesha Yidam (the Remover of Obstacles) ?

Do you know if ChNN's lung for Black Manjushri is for the common Black Manjushri mantra? I know of two and am not sure which he was talking about.

The two different mantras I know of are on this link:

http://www.casotac.com/download/bmanjushri.doc

Thanks,

R
haha

Post by haha »

There are some forms of Vajrapani (Bhutadamara) and that can be used to remove obstacles. Very effective if you have opportunity to receive its empowerment. Besides, there are many specific forms of Lokeswara or Manjushri which can be used for specific problems.

Anyway, bali-offering can be the best way to remove the obstacles, if you have been practicing the anuttaratantra deities.
And there are many other ways; without relaying on any deity, one can do so.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:Which Deity would you recommend to remove obstacles?

Many thanks, C

Depends on the obstacle.
KrzysioYontenGyatso

Post by KrzysioYontenGyatso »

Removing obstacles in a gentle way: Chenrezig, Green/White Tara, Guru Rinpoche.
rai

Post by rai »

Malcolm wrote:
Clarence wrote:Which Deity would you recommend to remove obstacles?

Many thanks, C

Depends on the obstacle.
and when dealing with a stalker?

i read that Lama Zopa advises the practice of Simhamukha for problems with abusive partner, would that also be the case here?

what would practice of Simhamukha do? change the mind of oppressor? or make him uninterested?

thanks!
Saoshun

Post by Saoshun »

Obstacles are caused by karma, personal behavior and lack of discipline, but let's say it's about karma. I don't think using yidams for material purpose it's good way to deal with affairs. Just do good deeds and use some karma clearing mantras and the life will definitely change from better as social and comfort way.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

White Tara Mantra on Youtube:

phpBB [video]
WeiHan

Post by WeiHan »

I am not sure if this is true that whether one's obstacles can be avoided all depend on the merit that one has accumulated. if there isn't sufficient merit, even the obstacles clearing yidam practice will not be very effective. In view of that, wouldn't it be better to just do many mandala offering to clear obstacles?

Any opinion?
Luke

Post by Luke »

rai

Post by rai »

WeiHan wrote:I am not sure if this is true that whether one's obstacles can be avoided all depend on the merit that one has accumulated. if there isn't sufficient merit, even the obstacles clearing yidam practice will not be very effective. In view of that, wouldn't it be better to just do many mandala offering to clear obstacles?

Any opinion?

but i've been told visualisation of the deity and recitation of the mantra creates quite a bit of merit.
Saoshun

Post by Saoshun »

Usnisa is the best for obstacles. Especially fool moon recitation, 1000 times or at least 108 and enormous change will happen especially for personal wellbeing (health wise and spritual wise)
WeiHan

Post by WeiHan »

rai wrote:
WeiHan wrote:I am not sure if this is true that whether one's obstacles can be avoided all depend on the merit that one has accumulated. if there isn't sufficient merit, even the obstacles clearing yidam practice will not be very effective. In view of that, wouldn't it be better to just do many mandala offering to clear obstacles?

Any opinion?

but i've been told visualisation of the deity and recitation of the mantra creates quite a bit of merit.
I am open and welcome all opinion because i myself am not definitively certain.

With the "sufficient merit principle" in view, it is not difficult to understand that many Yidam sadhanas includes lots of merit accumulating practices such as offering mandalas, offering of self body (kusali tsok), tsok offerings, outer offerings, torma offerings etc...Even the popular Tara pujas includes 4 mandalas offering to accumulate merits-probably without that, Tara can't help even if she wanted to help. The princess who cured herself of leprosy through Nyingne practice also offered many mandala offering to Chenrezi in the retreat. many forms of Sang offering is said to clear obstacles probably because alot of merit is accumualted through the practice of offering to Triple gems, Yidams etc..and to lower beings in desperate needs such as pretas.
WeiHan

Post by WeiHan »

Luke wrote:And don't forget White Mahakala!

http://www.exoticindiaart.com/product/p ... rity-TC47/
The depiction of White Mahakala in this link is incorrect. The Vajradhara above WM crown should be yellow in color and not red. WM should not wear a garland of 50 fresh human heads. He only wears garments ornamented with jewels. Some tangka depict him wearing tiger skin skirt which is also incorrect.
Tanaduk

Post by Tanaduk »

WeiHan wrote:
Luke wrote:And don't forget White Mahakala!

http://www.exoticindiaart.com/product/p ... rity-TC47/
The depiction of White Mahakala in this link is incorrect. The Vajradhara above WM crown should be yellow in color and not red. WM should not wear a garland of 50 fresh human heads. He only wears garments ornamented with jewels. Some tangka depict him wearing tiger skin skirt which is also incorrect.
WeiHan you're wrong. White Mahakala has 50 fresh garland of human heads and a tiger skin skirt. This is clearly described in the short sadhana and long puja :smile:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tanaduk wrote:
WeiHan you're wrong. White Mahakala has 50 fresh garland of human heads and a tiger skin skirt. This is clearly described in the short sadhana and long puja :smile:

Not in the Sakya Tradition of this practice.
WeiHan

Post by WeiHan »

Malcolm wrote:
Tanaduk wrote:

Not in the Sakya Tradition of this practice.
Sakya tradition's WM comes from Shangpa Kagyu. I am quite curious with Tanaduk's comment because it implies there is another lineage of WM.
Loren Enders

Post by Loren Enders »

Sorry to jump in. Regarding the earthquake in Nepal. To rebuild correctly they need higher building standards which means better construction. Which is going to take time and money. I don't know if they have either. Out of compassion to help.

Do have the power to rebuild.
'Lorem', 'Loren', 'Loren Enders'
Tanaduk

Post by Tanaduk »

I received Gonkar abhisheka from Sangter Tulku Rinpoche he received from Kyabje Tenga Rinpoche,Tenga R. received from Kalu Rinpoche.
So it comes from Shangpa. My short sadhana is "Brief Daily Practice of the Rapidly Acting Lord of Pristine Awareness,The Jewel, King of Power" by Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche.
Maybe in Sakya is different :shrug:
Greetings!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tanaduk wrote:I received Gonkar abhisheka from Sangter Tulku Rinpoche he received from Kyabje Tenga Rinpoche,Tenga R. received from Kalu Rinpoche.
So it comes from Shangpa. My short sadhana is "Brief Daily Practice of the Rapidly Acting Lord of Pristine Awareness,The Jewel, King of Power" by Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche.
Greetings!

It is just a different lineage, that is all, same source, ultimately.
WeiHan

Post by WeiHan »

Tanaduk wrote:I received Gonkar abhisheka from Sangter Tulku Rinpoche he received from Kyabje Tenga Rinpoche,Tenga R. received from Kalu Rinpoche.
Greetings!
It is a popular practice .Besides Sakya and Kagyu, Gelug also loves it.

It seems that he is primarily a wealth deity. Do you know if he is also an effective protector like the black conterpart?

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”