Buddha on Curing Hemorrhoids Sutra

Discuss and learn about the traditional Mahayana scriptures, without assuming that any one school ‘owns’ the only correct interpretation.
Son of Buddha

Re: Buddha on Curing Hemorrhoids Sutra

Post by Son of Buddha »

Sherab Dorje wrote:Does the Buddha have any advice on curing flatulence? As a vegetarian that eats lots of beans and pulses (and leafy greens) hemorrhoids are not an issue but... Well, I won't go into any more detail. :emb: :tongue:
Shoot I've been a vegetarian for four years and I still get hemorrhoids :emb:
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Son of Buddha wrote:
Sherab Dorje wrote:Does the Buddha have any advice on curing flatulence? As a vegetarian that eats lots of beans and pulses (and leafy greens) hemorrhoids are not an issue but... Well, I won't go into any more detail. :emb: :tongue:
Lots of green salads (cooked and raw) with plenty of olive oil, plenty of water to drink and 30 minutes of walking at a rapid pace every day. That should do it. Oh yeah, avoid processed food and reduce your salt intake.

Oh yeah, and at least 100 repetitions of the mantra too! :smile:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Son of Buddha

Post by Son of Buddha »

Sherab Dorje wrote:
Son of Buddha wrote:
Lots of green salads (cooked and raw) with plenty of olive oil, plenty of water to drink and 30 minutes of walking at a rapid pace every day. That should do it. Oh yeah, avoid processed food and reduce your salt intake.

Oh yeah, and at least 100 repetitions of the mantra too! :smile:
(1)Lots of green salads (cooked and raw) with plenty of olive oil> Check
(2)plenty of water to drink> does Coca Cola count? :emb:
(3) 30 minutes of walking at a rapid pace every day > I gots kids so were good on that. :twothumbsup:
(4)avoid processed food and reduce your salt intake. > common dude I live in america non-processed foods don't exist here anymore, heck man they process the friken salad here.

:cheers:
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Son of Buddha wrote: (2)plenty of water to drink> does Coca Cola count? :emb:

(4)avoid processed food and reduce your salt intake. > common dude I live in america non-processed foods don't exist here anymore, heck man they process the friken salad here.
2. sugar's your enemy (in the co-cola and in the processed foods). white flour isn't doing you any favors either.

4. unless you're in a food desert, you can get dried beans and fresh kale & collards &c in the good ol' USandA. enjoy!
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Haemorrhoids are not only caused by a low fibre diet.

They are a lot to do with what we might call " pushing habits "... :cry:

Postponing a visit to the lavatory because we have stuff to do..and then pushing hard to get back to stuff quickly.

Fitting our bowel movements into our busy schedule.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.

Return to “Sūtra Studies”