Shao-Shih I Shu

Discuss and learn about the traditional Mahayana scriptures, without assuming that any one school ‘owns’ the only correct interpretation.
White Lotus

Shao-Shih I Shu

Post by White Lotus »

The lost works of Bodhidharma as found in the Tun Huang manuscripts. i know that these are not stricly sutras, but cant think of a better place to ask about these manuscripts. Professor Daisetz Teitaro Suzuki had a collection of these manuscripts and i wonder what has happened to them now. whether they still exist and if so... could they ever be translated into English. If they no longer exist could someone do a study on the Tun Huang manuscripts relating to Bodhidharma.

secondly, has anyone considered making a translation of Shen Hui's work into English.

just a humble request for what i believe to be very important Buddhist works that need translating from sometimes archaic Chinese. Thank you if you are able to help in this matter.

kind regards, Tom.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.

Return to “Sūtra Studies”