Commentary on Jewel Lamp?

Discuss and learn about the traditional Mahayana scriptures, without assuming that any one school ‘owns’ the only correct interpretation.
Nicholas Weeks

Commentary on Jewel Lamp?

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Does Khunu Rinpoche's Jewel Lamp have now or will it have in future, an English commentary? Sparham's translation of the root text is great, but a good commentary could bring out so much. The first seven verses on the Three Jewels, for example could be the basis for much teaching.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
ratna

Re: Commentary on Jewel Lamp?

Post by ratna »

There is a syllable-by-syllable commentary in Tibetan by Khunu Lama's student Atsok Tendzin Jamyang, but I don't know of a translation into English. However, HH the Dalai Lama has taught on the Jewel Lamp on several occasions; if you look around here you'll find his teachings on this text. For example, this one.

R
Nicholas Weeks

Re: Commentary on Jewel Lamp?

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

ratna wrote:There is a syllable-by-syllable commentary in Tibetan by Khunu Lama's student Atsok Tendzin Jamyang, but I don't know of a translation into English. However, HH the Dalai Lama has taught on the Jewel Lamp on several occasions; if you look around here you'll find his teachings on this text. For example, this one.

R
Thanks Ratna, but I much prefer written teachings and am not willing to try and find the You Tube section within the several hours of preliminary teachings.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.

Return to “Sūtra Studies”