Offer to carry and entrust prayers on pilgrimage in May

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
石正 Marcus

Offer to carry and entrust prayers on pilgrimage in May

Post by 石正 Marcus »

Dear Dharma brothers and sisters,

I'm planning to walk the Sayama 33 Kannon Pilgrimage this spring, a 37.9km urban pilgrimage on the border of Tokyo and Saitama around the Tama and Sayama Lakes.

I am undertaking the pilgrimage over two or three days in May to mark my 50th birthday, to repent past wrong-doings, to re-affirm and strengthen my refuge in the Triple Gem, and to express in bodily form my devotion to Kannon, the Bodhisattva of Compassion.

I will stop at each of the temples on the route to collect the official stamps and calligraphy and to recite the 10-line Kannon Sutra 3 times, and I will dedicated the merit for each visit to one particular person/family/group. If you would like me to carry and entrust a prayer for you, your family, or your organisation on my pilgrimage this year, please just let me know. There are about 15 slots left.

Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu,

Marcus
石正

More on the Sayama Pilgrimage here: http://atokyostone.blogspot.jp/p/the-sa ... -40km.html
南無観世音菩薩
Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: Offer to carry and entrust prayers on pilgrimage in May

Post by Queequeg »

My sister walked a good part of that circuit. I think she plans on finishing on her next visit.

My wife and I visited most of the temples on the Saikoku circuit - by car and public transport. It was a wonderful experience.

Pilgrimage is a great practice!

Good luck!
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
石正 Marcus

Re: Offer to carry and entrust prayers on pilgrimage in May

Post by 石正 Marcus »

Queequeg wrote:My sister walked a good part of that circuit. I think she plans on finishing on her next visit.
Your sister walked the Sayama 33 Kannon Pilgrimage! That is fabulous!
And yes, pilgrimage really is wonderful isn't it? Thank you so much for wishing me luck!
Blessings to you too!
Marcus
南無観世音菩薩

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”