Prayers for my Cousin

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Redfaery

Prayers for my Cousin

Post by Redfaery »

OK...so I'm not usually one to post prayer requests, but I think in this case, my family needs it.

A few days ago, I had a death in the family. The husband of my second cousin once removed died. He had been suffering in terrible pain for some time, and the doctors were unable to prescribe him painkillers to help. Now, I knew that he was unwell and unhappy, and was not upset or shocked to hear of his passing. I was simply very, very sad, and worried for my grandmother, her little sister (his mother-in-law), his wife (my second cousin once removed), and his daughter (my second cousin)

I know "husband of my second cousin once removed" does not sound like a close relation, but this man was...blood to me. I feel the karmic tie to everyone in my family, and I especially feel it with this branch of the family. My great-aunt is like a second grandmother to me (which is good, because my first grandmother is more like a sister and a mother combined). My cousins are like sisters to me, both of them. And this man was definitely family.

The circumstances of his death were not fortunate. He was in great pain and despair. Therefore, I want to ask for prayers that he find a fortunate rebirth, one where he will not have to struggle with his old demons, and where his pain will not ultimately undo him. I ask for prayers that my cousin Kent be reborn with a precious human life, one untroubled by the demons of addiction or chronic pain. And I ask for prayers that he be reborn in such a way that allows him to find peace in the Dharma.

Thank you

:namaste:
NAMO SARASWATI DEVI
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - GANDHI
I am a delicate feminine flower!!!!
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Prayers for my Cousin

Post by kirtu »

May Kent take a precious human rebirth and encounter the Dharma at his birth. May he tirelessly accumulate virtue and defeat all negativities. May Kent help all beings and tirelessly pursue all positive actions.

OM AMI DEWA HRIH
OM MANI PEDME HUNG
THADYATA OM BEYKANZE BEYKANZE MAHABEYKANZE BEYKANZE RAJA SAMUGATE SOHA
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Jechan

Re: Prayers for my Cousin

Post by Jechan »

Namu Myoho Renge Kyo
Kent is sure to encounter and pay homage to numberless Buddhas.
May he be reborn close to the Buddha Dharma.
May he forever dwell in the Englightened State of Buddhahood.
Namu Myoho Renge Kyo :bow:
南無妙法蓮華経

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”