Best mantra for a funeral?

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Best mantra for a funeral?

Post by Ayu »

I am leaving now to visit my aunts funeral. Most probably I will decide spontaneously which mantra to recite there in my mind.
Just would like to elaborate if there are some certain ideas here: which mantra/diety is most helpful for beings in the bardo?
Bhaisajyaguru, Vajrasattva or Tara?
Any ideas? Thank you.
Fortyeightvows

Re: Best mantra for a funeral?

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Amitabha and Dizang wang, kshitigharbha would be the traditional mantras to recite for a funeral
ClearblueSky

Post by ClearblueSky »

Sorry to hear that Ayu. Amitabha is always good. If you can say the Dewachen (Amitabha) prayer, or listen to it with her in your thoughts it's very powerful, especially in this coming week or so. Chenrezig mantra is also good, and among the mantras you asked Tara is certainly good. Multiple Lamas have said Tara is one of the most powerful practices for all situations right now. May she find nothing but bliss in whatever comes next for her.
:namaste:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLQ1Z0Wnopg
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Thank you, ClearblueSky.
I felt, when I was there, she was a good person. Although we had a kind of difficult relationship, we are in peace now. It was extremly good to visit her funeral. First I was hesitating to go there, because I failed to visit her, when she was sick and alive. But now we found peace. Somebody told me, she said last year:
"Who does not come to my funeral can "go sit on a tack"!"
"Well, then I'm lucky, I decided to go to her funeral", I answered. :)
If I had not said Goodbye, I would suffer from bad conscience the next decades.

I think, she will be doing well.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

ClearblueSky wrote:.... Multiple Lamas have said Tara is one of the most powerful practices for all situations right now. ...
That's good to know. :twothumbsup:
Saoshun

Post by Saoshun »

Ayu wrote:I am leaving now to visit my aunts funeral. Most probably I will decide spontaneously which mantra to recite there in my mind.
Just would like to elaborate if there are some certain ideas here: which mantra/diety is most helpful for beings in the bardo?
Bhaisajyaguru, Vajrasattva or Tara?
Any ideas? Thank you.

If you can do Usnisa rite

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”