I'm Sorry Charleston

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Urgyen Dorje

I'm Sorry Charleston

Post by Urgyen Dorje »

I'm sorry Charleston.

Dylann Roof, may I take your karma for you.
Shadok

Re: I'm Sorry Charleston

Post by Shadok »

He is a white terrorist. Yes, even terrorists deserve compassion because they are also victims of three poisons. Killing this man will not solve the problem. He is just like a fish that got sick from poisoned water. Water is intentionally poisoned by bigger powers.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Urgyen Dorje wrote:I'm sorry Charleston.

I can't speak for Mr.Roof, but no actually, you can't.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Urgyen Dorje

Post by Urgyen Dorje »

Yea. It's a bummer.
Simon E. wrote:

I can't speak for Mr.Roof, but no actually, you can't.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Just their karma I guess.
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

We can't usefully speculate about karma. Just as we can't take someone else's.

Rakz

Post by Rakz »

Considering his southern roots he will probably become a born again Christian before they decide to fry him.
Urgyen Dorje

Post by Urgyen Dorje »

This is what I believe as well. Which is why I feel such a burden from this tragedy.
Shadok wrote:He is a white terrorist. Yes, even terrorists deserve compassion because they are also victims of three poisons. Killing this man will not solve the problem. He is just like a fish that got sick from poisoned water. Water is intentionally poisoned by bigger powers.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Simon E. wrote:We can't usefully speculate about karma. Just as we can't take someone else's.
Everything Is karma. It might be pointless to speculate about specifics, but saying it's the result of their karma is just kind of obvious.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Urgyen Dorje wrote:This is what I believe as well. Which is why I feel such a burden from this tragedy.
Shadok wrote:He is a white terrorist. Yes, even terrorists deserve compassion because they are also victims of three poisons. Killing this man will not solve the problem. He is just like a fish that got sick from poisoned water. Water is intentionally poisoned by bigger powers.
Meh the world suffers like this on a daily basis. Eventually you just become numb to it. (Or go crazy yourself)
Urgyen Dorje

Post by Urgyen Dorje »

It must be my karma that most things I post don't make sense to anyone.

Dylann Roof is pretty karmically screwed at this point. Not much darker than joining somebody for their religious service and then killing them.

I was just sharing my grief, and offering something of a lo-jong inspired aspiration to be able to take on Dylann Roof's karma.

No, it's not possible. If it were some nice Buddha would have sucked up all our karma aeons ago.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Well if he's karmically screwed than so are all of us. He is the result of our society. As we all are. We're all nothing but the circumstances that surround us.

Do I think he's going to hell for what he did? No. He was already in hell long before this act.

You can't really blame an individual for anything. Would he have done this if he was raised by different parents? In a different city?

Would he have done this if someone didnt spout off hateful ideology to him at some point? Could he have done this if we as a society had outlawed guns? Or if we as a society cared enough about each other to take steps to prevent this kind of thing from happening?

So imo is it his fault? No. It is everyone's fault. The poor people who died deserved it about as much as this poor kid deserved to have his mind and emotions this destroyed. Just imagine what the good and kind part of his psyche and nature is going through.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Jesse wrote:
Simon E. wrote:We can't usefully speculate about karma. Just as we can't take someone else's.
Everything Is karma. It might be pointless to speculate about specifics, but saying it's the result of their karma is just kind of obvious.

You might want to google ' the Niyamas in Buddhism...' ( The 'in Buddhism ' bit is important because the Vedanta uses the term in a different way.)

muni

Post by muni »

_/ \_

As there is “no actually person” committing crime there is no inherent bad one, but there is harmful delusion.
And delusion is based on the experience of a self (which is the only enemy). That self is projecting “wrong other ones” ( here the Christian devoted brothers in the church) and so it in fact wants to harm its projections by its destructive emotions. That is what we sentient beings do when we want to get rid of our own frustration, hate, desire, jealousy, anger...
These actions are by being victim of own delusion. All beings deserve the opportunity to clean this misperception, in order to find peace within. Killing ‘him’ as well is not a solution, a stream of consciousness is not freed from its positive and negative traces by destroying a body (delusion as well).

Yes, we cannot actually take the karma of others, but to take the suffering of others upon oneself is helpful own practice, to free us from own disturbing emotions. Others wellbeing is more important than ones’ own. This is freeing us from own harming self.

We are all interconnected. The practice of exchanging self and others is great method to clean our own mind, to be freed from the cause of the arising of frustrations by which we harm our so and so projections formed by own destructive emotions by which we suffer.

Prayers for all.
“We are each living in our own soap opera. We do not see things as they really are. We see only our interpretations. This is because our minds are always so busy...But when the mind calms down, it becomes clear. This mental clarity enables us to see things as they really are, instead of projecting our commentary on everything.” Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bg9jOYnEUA

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”