Prayer for James Brand (jcsuperstar)

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Prayer for James Brand (jcsuperstar)

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Today at Dhamma Wheel we received a note from one of James' friends... http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5502" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AlaskanDhamma wrote:James Brand aka "JCSuperstar" is currently in the local hospital's Intensive Care Unit. He was found at work in an unconscious state and is now currently in a comatose state. He is now only living off of a breathing apparatus and the doctors say there is little hope for a recovery. The current diagnosis is a brain hemmorage due to possible high blood pressure or other natural causes. He is a close friend of mine and is the person to introduce me to Buddhism. This forum meant a lot to him, as you can see by all his activity here and he most definitely enjoys his time here. Please please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Positive thoughts are a powerful thing. Everything happens for a reason and was is meant to be, will be. His wife is by his side now and id greatful for all your support here on the forum thus far in helping him find the true path to happiness. I'll keep everyone posted with any progress. Thank you.
You may have met James online at either E-Sangha and Dhamma Wheel, where his participation has been a very positive influence on others.

Please keep James in your thoughts.
jcsuperstar.jpg
jcsuperstar.jpg (111.37 KiB) Viewed 3820 times
:namaste:

Metta,
Retro.
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
plwk

Re: Prayer for James Brand (jcsuperstar)

Post by plwk »

Namo Bhagavate Bhaiṣajya-guru Vaiḍūrya Prabhā
Rājāya Tathāgatāya Arhate Samyak Saṁbuddhāya
Tadyathā Oṁ Bhaiṣajye Bhaiṣajye Bhaiṣajya Samudgate Svāhā

[Click here for Chant]
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,

Today at Dhamma Wheel we received a note from one of James' friends... http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5502" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AlaskanDhamma wrote:James Brand aka "JCSuperstar" is currently in the local hospital's Intensive Care Unit.
jcsuperstar.jpg
THADYATA OM BEYKANZE BEYKANZE MAHABEYKANZE BEYKANZE RAJA SAMUGATE SOHA
OM MANI PEDME HUNG
OM TARA TUTARE TURE MAMA AYUR PUNYE JNANA PUSHTIM KURUYE SWAHA
OM AMI DEWA HRIH
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
BFS

Post by BFS »

:heart:
phpBB [video]
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Life is suffering. Parting from friends and family has to be the most difficult thing.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

I will say my prayers for him tonight. :buddha1:
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
plwk

Post by plwk »

I just read some sad developments and here are the clips: (whilst awaiting for more confirmation)
Link: http://dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 2&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Re: Regarding the absence of "JCSuperstar"
New postby appicchato » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:40 am
Recent postings to jc's wife on Facebook are saying 'Sorry for your loss'…hoping it's not so...
New postby bodom » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:46 am
appicchato wrote:Recent postings to jc's wife on Facebook are saying 'Sorry for your loss'…hoping it's not so...
Yes, Jc's dads fb page has his son James Brand 34 "now in heaven with jesus."
New postby BlackBird » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:22 am
May you be well JC, wherever you are, in whatever state. My heart goes out to you, your wife and your family.
metta
Jack :heart:
P.S. A look at JC's father's facebook page seems to confirm that JC has passed on:
Children: James Brand 34 years Gone to be with Jesus[8-30-2010]
Follow up thread: http://dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest: (1st & 2nd Sept 2010) From Facebook posting by his kindred:
Link: http://www.facebook.com/jcbrand#!/jcbrand?v=wall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James Brand Today we have funeral in Buddhism way for James at wat Dhammavana 72 ave. on arctic street around 6 pm. more than welcome if everyone would love to join with us. It's dose not matter you are buddhism or not we have seperate room for you guys.we have three day for The funeral.Thank you!
8 hours ago
James Brand we just got home and Jamie in the operation room for take his organs out right now.It's gonna take him awhile.And thank you so much for all of you guys for support our family.
15 hours ago · View Feedback (4)Hide Feedback (4)
Nomie Sudchabrand I love you so much my baby!
15 hours ago
o
Kimberly Lucas wow..that's ur brother? Is he ok?
15 hours ago
o
Ben Oloughlin Thank you James for your inspiration and friendship. I'll see you down the path, someday. Be sure we'll keep your family in our hearts.
14 hours ago
o
Andreas Ludwig I have only just come across this sad news ofJames' passing, I'm so sorry to hear that. My deepest sympathy go to his family and friends... ~Namu Amida Butsu~
Last edited by plwk on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
plwk

Post by plwk »

ImageImageImage

The Buddha Speaks of Amitabha Sutra
Chapter 25, Lotus Sutra:The Universal Gateway of Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva
Maka Hannya Haramita Shingyo
Amitabha Name Chant
The Pure Land Rebirth Dharani
The Migtsema of Lama Tsongkhapa

In memory of the late James Brand aka 'jcsuperstar', my online pal since E-Sangha days until now...

Anitya, Duhkha, Anatman, Nirvana

May the punna I have accrued from the recent pilgrimage to the 4 Holy Places and at other shrines in India/Nepal be offered for his repose.
May family, relatives & friends find peace and solace in this time of loss.
May he encounter a swift & good rebirth, the Dharma again and obtain the Final Bliss of Nirvana.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Thank you, Retro. I will be sure to include him in prayers /\
plwk

Post by plwk »

Even in death, he continues to benefit others...what a Bodhisattva! :namaste:
May James attain a swift and good rebirth, encounter the Dharma again and continue to benefit all towards Final Liberation!

Sadhu!Sadhu!Sadhu! :buddha2:

:bow: :buddha1:

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”