Please pray for me if you have a minute...

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
emmapeach

Please pray for me if you have a minute...

Post by emmapeach »

Hello,

I'm stricken with fear at the moment. Fear is my lifelong companion and even though I have learnt to deal with it with meditation and mindfulness it has come back to me violently. My worst fear is that I might suddenly die from a heart attack, having to leave my kids and husband behind, with way too many debts....that I don#t have enough time to get it all in order again...

I have some physical issues but nothing that would indicate immediate danger of dying (like elevated blood lipids, mild hypertension, and even though my heart is slightly affected by all those years of roaring anxiety I don't have to take meds or something like that, the doc said I could run a marathon if I wanted to), but now that I have back pain which comes ffrom a blocked thoracic spine which squeezes nerves which makes my heart sting a bit from time to time (I know it is nothing serious but I am scared as hell anyway - fear has its own life within me at the moment) and those elevated lipids in my blood (also not sky rocketing high) make me spin stories about certainly what lies ahead of me. I cannot sleep, I feel no joy.

Please pray for me that I can master this anxiety and take all the steps necessary to improve my health. Please send me healing energy.

Thank you!
Anders

Re: Please pray for me if you have a minute...

Post by Anders »

The worst part, as I see these things, is not so much what happens after "the worst has happened". There are many rounds to spin on the wheel of samsara and this too shall pass and become just another tale spun in consciousness long ago. In the end, our imaginations about the things we fear are usually far worse than anything reality can serve up for us.

Nonetheless, may you be free from physical harm now and in the future! May you be free from fear! May you be endowed with a wisdom of perspective that fear can not assail now or in the future as well!

I will also pray for the mahasattvas to make it so. :anjali:

Best wishes, sister.
"Even if my body should be burnt to death in the fires of hell
I would endure it for myriad lifetimes
As your companion in practice"

--- Gandavyuha Sutra
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

emmapeach wrote:...and take all the steps necessary to improve my health. Please send me healing energy.
I do Medicinebuddha practice every day at 8.00 a.m. or at 6.00 p.m. (depends on my schedule). It is [UTC +1] Central European Time,West African Time.
Everybody is invited to join these regular prayers in any form you are familiar with.
I like this one for example:
phpBB [video]

For the dedication I have a list with certain issues, groups of people and individuals with certain problems. So now, "emmapeach" is on this list. I dedicate my prayers to all the individuals on my list and to all suffering beings who are not on this list. :)

My best friend is suffering from psychic anxiety disorders. She is working on it very hard with her therapist, and also she's trying other alternative health measures. She is doing well and improving slightly as time and effort go by. I'm very proud of her. :smile:
Tsongkhapafan

Post by Tsongkhapafan »

Ayu wrote: I do Medicinebuddha practice every day at 8.00 a.m. or at 6.00 p.m. (depends on my schedule). It is [UTC +1] Central European Time,West African Time.
Everybody is invited to join these regular prayers in any form you are familiar with.
Wonderful! Thanks for your dedication to others, very inspiring. :smile:
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

May emmapeach and all beings be well, happy and peaceful. May emmapeach not be overwhelmed with fear. May emmapeach and all beings learn to control and dissolve fear. May fear evaporate. May any lessons in the fear be dealt with and may emmapeach's financial and health situation become perfect. May support come swiftly for her from all directions. May all fear and difficulties spontaneously dissolve.

OM TARE TUTTARE TURE SOHA
THADYATA OM BEYKANZE BEYKANZE MAHABEYKANZE BEYKANZE RAJA SAMUGATE SOHA
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
skittles

Post by skittles »

I'll pray.

I know what you're going through. You need a few hours of the day where you say "I don't care" to every issue that comes up. If it's that important, it will be there to deal with later. You're anxious because you care, but if you don't relax you will have heart problems.
"My main teacher Serkong Rinpoche, who was one of the teachers of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, explained that having a protector is like having a very strong and vicious dog. If you are a strong person, you could go sit and guard your own gate every night to make sure that thieves don’t attack, but usually people wouldn’t do that. It’s not that we don’t have the ability, it’s just: why bother? You could post a dog there instead." - Alex Berzin http://www.berzinarchives.com/web/en/ar ... rs_ab.html

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”