Virasana an ok alternate?

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
M1NDFUL

Virasana an ok alternate?

Post by M1NDFUL »

Is the Virasana (hero pose) an ok alternate for meditation? I feel as though I may have strained my LCL on my right knee a little being a little ambitious in yoga. It's not awful, I can sit in a normal cross-legged position, but it still puts a little bit of pressure on the outside of my knee. I'd like to find a possible alternate posture for meditation for a couple months just to give my knee a rest.

Gassho,
- Jeff
Mindful among the mindless
Yudron

Re: Virasana an ok alternate?

Post by Yudron »

M1NDFUL wrote:Is the Virasana (hero pose) an ok alternate for meditation? I feel as though I may have strained my LCL on my right knee a little being a little ambitious in yoga. It's not awful, I can sit in a normal cross-legged position, but it still puts a little bit of pressure on the outside of my knee. I'd like to find a possible alternate posture for meditation for a couple months just to give my knee a rest.

Gassho,
- Jeff
There are Buddhist meditations for walking, lying and sitting. In your case, a chair might be the most appropriate.
M1NDFUL

Re: Virasana an ok alternate?

Post by M1NDFUL »

Good to know. It appears I am looking in the wrong areas trying to find other meditation methods/postures online.
Mindful among the mindless

Return to “Meditation”