Best place for meditation in Australia

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
Seeker of Wisdom

Best place for meditation in Australia

Post by Seeker of Wisdom »

Hi all:

I am in Singapore now, but in a few more years, I should have saved enough money to go on a one year meditation retreat. I absolutely love Australia, and I would like to do the one year retreat there. Does anyone know of any places in Australia that you think is most suitable for meditation retreat? Ideally, it shouldn't be too far from urban centers because if I get really sick sometimes during the retreat, I want to be able to check into hospital without having to go too far away.

Let me know your recommendation.
Thanks!!!
greentara

Re: Best place for meditation in Australia

Post by greentara »

seeker of wisdom, Wat Buddha Dhamma springs to mind. There are several others if you have time to explore further options.
Its location is Wisemans ferry, NSW. I believe it is within a natural forest setting.
Focuses on meditation and mindfulness. It's open to all Buddhist faiths
Wayfarer
Former staff member

Post by Wayfarer »

I can vouch for Wat Buddha Dhamma, very beautiful place with exceptionally beautiful Sala http://www.wbd.org.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and can also recommend Sunnataram Forest Monastery and Retreat Center http://www.sunnataram.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
'Only practice with no gaining idea' ~ Suzuki Roshi
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

I would go to Wat Bodhinyana Forest Monastery in Western Australia. Even though Ajahn Brahm is very busy and not there so much, it sounds like a very vibrant solid Sangha from what I hear.
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

Dan74 wrote:I would go to Wat Bodhinyana Forest Monastery in Western Australia. Even though Ajahn Brahm is very busy and not there all the time, it sounds like a very vibrant solid Sangha from what I hear.

Return to “Meditation”