Volunteers for BTTS

A place for discussion of current events. Buddhist news would be particularly appreciated.

Volunteers for BTTS

Postby Will » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:54 pm

The Buddhist Text Translation Society could use the help of many volunteers with their "sutra translation, publication and circulation". Anyone interested is welcome to join.

Please contact bttsvolunteers@gmail.com
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Re: Volunteers for BTTS

Postby Will » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:23 pm

For those who are not familiar with the work of BTTS, here is their site: http://www.bttsonline.org/
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Postby JKhedrup » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:53 pm

When will the Earth Store Bodhisattva Sutra and commentary be published again? Do you have any idea?
In order to ensure my mind never comes under the power of the self-cherishing attitude,
I must obtain control over my own mind.
Therefore, amongst all empowerments, the empowerment that gives me control over my mind is the best,
and I have received the most profound empowerment with this teaching.
-Atisha Dipamkara
brtsal ba'i bkhra drin
JKhedrup

Postby Will » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:49 pm

JKhedrup wrote:When will the Earth Store Bodhisattva Sutra and commentary be published again? Do you have any idea?

It is being serialized in Vajra Bodhi Sea magazine now; but when it may show up in book form, I do not know. Maybe the lack of volunteers has something to do with the slow pace of their translations.
Will

Return to News & Current Events