Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

heart

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby heart » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:48 pm

dzogchungpa wrote:
heart wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote:Felix, just go work on your khaita. You'll be fine. :smile:

Thats not really fair, khaita might look funny on video but in real life it is something else.

/magnus

OK, OK, I just thought he could be a bit more joyful. :smile:

It is interesting how things aren't always how they seem at first glance though, isn't it?

You got a point.

/magnus
We are all here to help each other go through this, whatever it is.
~Kurt Vonnegut

"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa

"Even though you have recognized your essence, if you do not get accustomed to it,
You will be carried away by the enemy of thoughts, like a small child in a battle field.
So long as you are not free from the limitations of accepting and rejecting,
That long will you not recognize the view of the innermost secret heart-essence."

-Longchenpa

makewhisper

Postby makewhisper » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Another question: How does one know whether Yantra Yoga, pranayama or kumbhaka is needed? What signs manifesting in practice suggest a need for one or more of these practices? Thanks!

climb-up

Postby climb-up » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:31 pm

Malcolm wrote:I am not sure how much time you have spent with teachers and communities outside the DC, but trust me, they generally think we are very strange.

What do they find strange about the DC?
Is it the view of dzogchen that is taught, or is the group's structure or interactional style unusual?

For many years I studied traditional Japanese martial arts in the Bujinkan organization. I was very surprised over the years to learn how we were viewed by people in the traditional Koryu ("old school" martial arts).

Malcolm

Postby Malcolm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:31 pm

climb-up wrote:
Malcolm wrote:I am not sure how much time you have spent with teachers and communities outside the DC, but trust me, they generally think we are very strange.

Is it the view of dzogchen that is taught, or is the group's structure or interactional style unusual?
\

All of it.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

javier.espinoza.t

Postby javier.espinoza.t » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:47 am

makewhisper wrote:Another question: How does one know whether Yantra Yoga, pranayama or kumbhaka is needed? What signs manifesting in practice suggest a need for one or more of these practices? Thanks!

it depends on what you are focusing, but the specific benefits of each yantra and pranayama are described in the commentary of the root text "Union of the Moon and the Sun Yantra" called "A Stainless Mirror of Jewels" -both included in the book "Yantra Yoga, The Tibetan Yoga of Movement"- at the end of each commentary -in the text-. This benefits can give us an idea for apply them in the face of a manifested sign.

i don't know anything about kumbhaka. Only that there is a pranayama for mastering it, oh, haha there is an application.

Karma_Yeshe

Postby Karma_Yeshe » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:15 am

makewhisper wrote:Another question: How does one know whether Yantra Yoga, pranayama or kumbhaka is needed? What signs manifesting in practice suggest a need for one or more of these practices? Thanks!

Yantra Yoga is a system that includes both Pranayama and Kumbhaka, so I really don't understand your question. If you need Kumbhaka or not depends on the other practices you do or want to do. E.g. for a more complex Anu-Yoga practice it is very good if not indespensable to know how to do Kumbhaka. Pranayama is a basis for many Ati-Yoga practices and so on...

KY

Lhakpa

Postby Lhakpa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi guys, I have some questions regarding the short/essential Mandarava practice, if any DC member who may be able to help can PM that would be great :) :bow:

Tongnyid Dorje

Postby Tongnyid Dorje » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:27 pm

climb-up wrote:

For many years I studied traditional Japanese martial arts in the Bujinkan organization. I was very surprised over the years to learn how we were viewed by people in the traditional Koryu ("old school" martial arts).

its true, that DC is full of wierdos.... dont take me bad, im also part of it. :smile:

Return to “Dzogchen”