Original Sources

Vidyaraja

Original Sources

Post by Vidyaraja »

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if anyone could direct me to some good source material of Dzogchen in English. For example I've recently been reading Longchenpa's "Natural Perfection" translated by Keith Dowman, which so far I've absolutely loved. So I was wondering if anyone can recommend some more or point me to some lists of other Dzogchen source material by ancient masters in a similar vein to Longchenpa. While original sources are what I am primarily after, if you can recommend some of the best Dzogchen books by modern authors I would be glad to hear of those as well.

Thanks in advance.
Maitri_Dharma

Re: Original Sources

Post by Maitri_Dharma »

The Precious Treasury of the Way of Abiding, (Treasury of the Natural State), translated by Richard Barron, Padma Publishing (this is same material as Dowman's Old Man Basking In The Sun and his Natural Great Perfection)
The Precious Treasury of the Basic Space of Phenomena, (Treasury of the Dharmadhatu), translated by Richard Barron, Padma Publishing, 2001
A Treasure Trove of Scriptural Transmission (autocommentary on Precious Treasury of the Basic Space of Phenomena), translated by Richard Barron, Padma Publishing, 2001
The Precious Treasury of Philosophical Systems, translated by Richard Barron, Padma Publishing, 2007
The Precious Treasury of Pith Instructions (Treasury of Secret Instructions), translated by Richard Barron, Padma Publishing, 2007

Flight Of The Garuda, Shabkar (Tsogdruk Rangdrol), tr. by Erik Pema Kunsang

Buddhahood without Meditation, by Dudjom Lingpa, tr. by Richard Barron, Padma Publishing, 2002
Wisdom Nectar, Dudjom Rinpoche's Heart Advice, Dudjom Rinpoche, tr. by Ron Garry, Snow Lion Publications, 2005

The Cycle of Day and Night, Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Flight Of The Garuda, Keith Dowman
Eye Of The Storm, Keith Dowman
Simply Being, James Low
Longchenpa's You Are The Eyes Of The World, tr. by Kennard Lipman

Kindly Bent to Ease Us I, tr. by Herbert V. Guenther
Kindly Bent to Ease Us II, tr. by Herbert V. Guenther
Kindly Bent to Ease Us III, tr. by Herbert V. Guenther

Longchenpa. The Practice of Dzogchen, tr. by Thulku Thondup

The Supreme Source (Kunjed Gyalpo). Clemente, Adriano. Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche.

also... many precious texts translated by Tony Duff: http://www.tibet.dk/pktc/transpaper.htm (both on Dzogchen and Mahamudra, and other subjects as well)

etc

Maitri Mangalam
Free

Re: Original Sources

Post by Free »

I think that about covers it haha....

Return to “Dzogchen”