ChNN's Yantra yoga: Transmission or no transmission?

Simon E.

Re: ChNN's Yantra yoga: Transmission or no transmission?

Post by Simon E. »

Dronma wrote:IMPORTANT NOTE (to whoever might be interested):

1) Not all students of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche consider him as their boss.

2) Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche never encourages his students to develop attachment and public praise towards his face. Neither he encourages arrogant cult attitude in Dzogchen Community.
Again you have demonstrated that English is a very subtle language that needs a degree of familiarity before it reveals its nuances.
' Boss' in this context does not mean that the user considers the person described as their literal personal boss. In this context it is an acknowledgement of the other persons authority.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

I don't believe Chogyal Namkhai Norbu is the first Rinpoche to have English-language disciples refer to him affectionately & respectfully as "the Boss."
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

He certainly isn't. We called CTR ' the boss.'
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

A reminder from the moderator:

*The topic here is the practice of Yantra Yoga in the context of the Dzogchen Community, particularly regarding what kinds of transmissions may be necessary to engage in certain kinds of practices.

*The current debate over the use of the word "boss" in an international forum that uses English as its lingua franca is increasingly irrelevant to that topic. If users wish to continue this discussion, please start a new thread and a moderator will likely shuffle the related posts in this topic to the new one.

*Please remember to be respectful & not presumptuous in discussion on the Dharma. Here is a good way to avoid unnecessary conflict online: If you don't understand someone's intention in using a particular word, or if it seems out of line, ask for clarification before making hasty judgments.

everyone inhale! it's back to yantra yoga...
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

OK, this is going nowhere.

PM me if you'd like to discuss the topic: "Yantra yoga: Transmission or no transmission?" and I will reopen this topic.

Return to “Dzogchen”