Dharmata teachings.

muni

Dharmata teachings.

Post by muni »

By Anam Thubten. Now Unconventional Truth still running.

http://www.dharmata.org/teachings/

:namaste:
dzogchungpa

Re: Dharmata teachings.

Post by dzogchungpa »

He is a great teacher.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

Yes, I knew him when he first came to America.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

ngodrup wrote:Yes, I knew him when he first came to America.
I wouldn't mind hearing more about that, if it's not too personal or whatever.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

What would you like to know? I could tell lots of stories.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Well, I'd be happy to hear anything you'd like to share. How did you meet him? Were you a student of his? I'm just curious.
I have been to several of his teachings and I was very impressed.
muni

Post by muni »

monktastic

Post by monktastic »

One of my favorite quotes of his, demonstrating his rather unconventional style:
If some stranger showed up and said, “Hey, luminous mind is the truth. This is what you are seeking. When you pause, there is naked awareness, the absence of thoughts, the groundless ground that you feel. This is what you are searching for. This is all you need.” Would we be ready to say, Yes and kneel on the ground at the feet of this stranger? Would we say ecstatically, “You’re right! This is all I need.” Would we be ready to be that flexible, and not so stubborn?

It requires that kind of totally out of proportion devotion, going through all of the hardships and finally meeting with a holy master who has this holy grail and is ready to present the highest teachings to us. It requires such a trick. It is such a beautiful deception to finally convince the mind that unconditional freedom is already here.
This undistracted state of ordinary mind
Is the meditation.
One will understand it in due course.

--Gampopa
bob

Post by bob »

muni wrote:Love The World Madly.
http://www.dharmata.org/teachings/
Wonderful and inspiring!

Thank you
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

All the above!

:twothumbsup: :good: :twothumbsup:
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

"Love The World Madly" 21:20:
I hope that people won't use so much this word 'truth' as times goes by. It's a beautiful word, but a word that sucks, utlimately.
:twothumbsup:
muni

Post by muni »

:smile:
when I first came to the U.S., I was very close-minded and very close-hearted about Western food.

I was very afraid of two things, the tomato and the avocado. The tomato reminded me of a clot of blood and the

avocado reminded me of some kind of very repulsive grease. I had pictures in my mind and stories about them simply

because my mind and my heart were not open to them. I was trying to defend my old belief systems about taste and

diet. I wasn’t ready to open my heart to the tomato and the avocado. There was no way. All of these negative

thoughts kept coming into my mind. “Well, the tomato may be delicious. Perhaps I should try it sometime, but not

today. Maybe tomorrow or in another few months I will be ready to taste the avocado, but definitely not now.”

Actually there was really no good reason not to try a tomato or an avocado, but my mind came up with one reason

after another. “Maybe it isn’t delicious. Maybe it’s disgusting. It looks like blood, very yucky.” This was enough to

keep me from trying either the tomato or the avocado and so my heart wasn’t open for a very long time. Then one

day, accidentally, my mind and my heart were totally open to the tomato and the avocado and I tried them. They

were quite good. Now I love avocados and tomatoes so much that I actually cannot imagine life without them. They

are truly amazingly delicious. They have totally changed my life. Sometimes I feel like holding my palms together in

praise to express my gratitude to the tomato and the avocado.

The truth is similar to that. We just don't open our heart and mind because we haven't experienced the benefit of that.

Once we have experienced the truth, there isn’t even an issue. There is no worry. The whole question of whether we are

ready to open our heart and mind to the truth isn't even a concern." Anam Thubten.
muni

Post by muni »

Woopsee! I forgot a part preceding this story to post and will do it here right now:
"Nirvana, or whatever you want to call it, means the complete deconstruction of all of our rigid mental patterns and

habits as well as the deconstruction of all of our limiting beliefs. This deconstruction creates a space for true inquiry.

When we open our hearts and our minds completely, we are in a place where we can experience something new, a

new truth, a new reality, a miracle that we haven’t experienced in the past. We can see things differently and they

present new, expanded opportunities, new horizons. Therefore an open mind is required. This is true not only in

relationship to the truth but in relationship to everyday life as well.
From here: https://www.sites.google.com/site/dharm ... mata-Maine :smile:
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Just saw the man today. The vibrations were outstanding.

:smile:
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

BTW, a fair number of his talks can be found here:
http://www.dharmaseed.org/teacher/335/
muni

Post by muni »

Many thanks Dzogchungpa.
muni

Post by muni »

Anam Thubten:
“Our true nature has always been perfect. It doesn’t have to be improved and it never can be changed.”
“When we don’t believe in our thoughts we are always awakened. When we believe in our thoughts we are unawakened.”
“Many of us have this feeling that we want to transcend something. We feel that things are not totally OK the way that they currently are….But what do we want to transcend? It turns out to be quite ironic because everything we want to transcend doesn’t really exist in the ultimate sense. It only exists as our own mind’s display… Crazy love is a very ecstatic way of transcending this mind and its ultimate mistake of buying into its own display. We just see everything as sacred and love everything without having any specific object of love….Love without boundaries, crazy love, is sacred perception….Crazy love loves everything…. The question is how do we, in this very ordinary moment, jump into that realm of crazy love? Instead of holding an answer as a kind of recipe, let’s keep asking the question….”
https://www.facebook.com/JoanTollifson/ ... 0847647540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

muni

Post by muni »

Dzogchungpa, thanks!

Here a talk by Anam Thubten and Elizabeth Mattis Namgyel.
Anam Thubtens' talk start from about 38.00. He gives here also the precious gift on turning the gaze within.

phpBB [video]
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

I know this is hosted at a controversial website, but I just stumbled on this picture and I can't resist posting it:

Return to “Dzogchen”