Mirror Mirror on the wall who is the non-dual of them all

garudha

Mirror Mirror on the wall who is the non-dual of them all

Post by garudha »

Would staring into your own eyes be a valid non-dual awakening technique ?
odysseus

Re: Mirror Mirror on the wall who is the non-dual of them al

Post by odysseus »

garudha wrote:Would staring into your own eyes be a valid non-dual awakening technique ?
Unless you multiply the ego by now having four eyes *lol*. Perhaps it would work if you can melt your mirror image into yourself, thereby disengaging from the reflected physical body and realizing the three kayas?
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

odysseus wrote:
garudha wrote:Would staring into your own eyes be a valid non-dual awakening technique ?
Unless you multiply the ego by now having four eyes *lol*. Perhaps it would work if you can melt your mirror image into yourself, thereby disengaging from the reflected physical body and realizing the three kayas?

Perhaps the moment a question is asked or a answer is given, duality is built in.

As far as staring at your own eyes, if you look at anything with non-dual awareness it is non-dual awareness.

There is a practice where you can talk (just saying anything that comes into your head) to yourself in the mirror until you are exhausted, and then lie flat on your back in the dead mans pose with your hands at your sides - completely relaxed and then observe your non-dual mind that arises spontaneously when your dualistic mind is exhausted.

My 2 cent recommendation is that you should not do this practice until obtaining guidance from a Master, because this practice may not be suitable for everybody.

Hope this helps,

ob
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

If you advise not doing it, then why tell him how to do it??? :shrug:

Hey kids, don't look in the cabinet under the sink, find the bottle marked with a skull and crossbones and then drink/eat the contents of the package! Okay kids?
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

I take it you haven't made the effort to go find yourself a teacher yet.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
byamspa

Post by byamspa »

:smile:
Attachments
Dudjom II Rigpa.jpg
Dudjom II Rigpa.jpg (52.09 KiB) Viewed 2794 times
Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
pensum

Post by pensum »

The Vijnanabhairava Tantra (a Shaivite text) lists this among its many forms of meditations.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

pensum wrote:
The Vijnanabhairava Tantra (a Shaivite text) lists this among its many forms of meditations.
Anyway any form is a cause of meditation ... integration, meditation is not splited from non-meditation.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Vajraprajnakhadga

Post by Vajraprajnakhadga »

Smelling your own farts can be a valid non-dual awakening technique.
pensum

Post by pensum »

Sönam wrote:
pensum wrote:
Anyway any form is a cause of meditation ... integration, meditation is not splited from non-meditation.
Sönam
Vajraprajnakhadga wrote:Smelling your own farts can be a valid non-dual awakening technique.
And yet, just the same there are specific techniques from sitting in the seven-point posture of Vairocana, guru yoga, togal, trekcho, the four das of longde and related postures, rushen, 21 semzins, etc. which are found to be more effective than others for certain people, obstacles and times. These are called upaya, the skillful means developed by buddhas and masters over the centuries to benefit others by providing effective methods to alleviate suffering, accumulate merit and wisdom, introduce the nature of mind, and aid in stabilizing its recognition (vidyā or rigpa) and enhance one's realization. Specifically, the method Garudha is inquiring about is one such method among the 112 techniques that are described in the Vijnanabhairava Tantra, many of which are also found in Buddhist practices and pith instructions. Oddly however i have never come across mention of smelling one's own farts, although perhaps smelling one's guru's fart might be found to have benefit. :shrug:
garudha

Post by garudha »

pensum wrote:Oddly however i have never come across mention of smelling one's own farts, although perhaps smelling one's guru's fart might be found to have benefit. :shrug:
Sherab Dorje wrote:
I take it you haven't made the effort to go find yourself a teacher yet.
Couldn't find one who had sweet enough smelling sh*t.

How I do pine for you O Buddha...
thigle

Post by thigle »

Vajraprajnakhadga wrote:
Smelling your own farts can be a valid non-dual awakening technique.
Dzogchen/Mahasandhi/Buddhism isn't a "non-dual awakening technique". This is the wrong subforum.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

garudha wrote:Couldn't find one who had sweet enough smelling sh*t.

How I do pine for you O Buddha...
Sorry to be the one that bursts your bubble, but all sh*t smells like sh*t. The problem is not the object, but our view of the object.

Return to “Dzogchen”