Now I "get it"

Malcolm

Re: Now I "get it"

Post by Malcolm »

thigle wrote:
Malcolm wrote: You realize you are talking to an "arhat", right?
I'm talking about Dzogchen in an deluded Dzogchen'like forum, because nobody talks about Dzogchen...
I see, so you really know Dzogchen much better than anyone else here, is that what you think?
thigle

Post by thigle »

Malcolm wrote:
thigle wrote:
Malcolm wrote: You realize you are talking to an "arhat", right?
I'm talking about Dzogchen in an deluded Dzogchen'like forum, because nobody talks about Dzogchen, but everybody calls it Dzogchen and beliefes this is Dzogchen. This is dangerous and causes much confusion. Especially for the invisible readers now and in the future. So, it's better to close this public forum or this self-destructive obligation of secrecy falls, which has much worse effects for the teachings, than doing the teachings publicly. So I'm always talking first to the invisible reader. The last postings about "decisions" can't be misunderstood, only not understood.
I see, so you really know Dzogchen much better than anyone else here, is that what you think?
Stop to project selfish reasons. The delusion is obvious.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

thigle wrote:So, it's better to close this public forum or this self-destructive obligation of secrecy falls, which has much worse effects for the teachings, than doing the teachings publicly.
I disagree. I actually believe that it is very important that this sub-forum exists so that people with wrong views can have them corrected by people with some serious knowledge/experience in Dzogchen. Imagine if they just got their info from various suspect online sources. It is also valuable as it can give people with a serious interest in Dzogchen the opportunity to know what should and should not be discussed. Of course the adage: "Go ask your teacher" can be applied to 90% of the questions asked here, but you must take into account that not everybody has a teacher that they can regularly and personally access, so...

Welcome to Kali Yuga "thigle", we can't pretend sh*t is not out there (anymore), because it is, and we have to deal with it.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

thigle wrote:
You make a lot of pronouncements so it seems like you consider yourself very expert in the teachings. As to whether some people here are working with various levels of understanding, that of course is true. But unless you are a realized person, it is a little strange to be castigating other people for being deluded when oneself has not even gouged out a small portion of one own delusion. On the other hand, if someone makes a statement that is clearly a factual error and is in contradiction with the teachings, then of course one is helping them by setting them straight, even if they find it painful.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sherab Dorje wrote:
thigle wrote:So, it's better to close this public forum or this self-destructive obligation of secrecy falls, which has much worse effects for the teachings, than doing the teachings publicly.
I disagree. I actually believe that it is very important that this sub-forum exists so that people with wrong views can have them corrected by people with some serious knowledge/experience in Dzogchen. Imagine if they just got their info from various suspect online sources. It is also valuable as it can give people with a serious interest in Dzogchen the opportunity to know what should and should not be discussed. Of course the adage: "Go ask your teacher" can be applied to 90% of the questions asked here, you must take into account that not everybody has a teacher that they can regularly and personally access, so...

Welcome to Kali Yuga "thigle", we can't pretend sh*t is not out there (anymore), because it is, and we have to deal with it.
Well, at least the OP knows better than sharing anything here anymore...
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Malcolm wrote:Well, at least the OP knows better than sharing anything here anymore...
:twothumbsup: That'll learn him!
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
thigle

Post by thigle »

Malcolm wrote:
thigle wrote:
You make a lot of pronouncements so it seems like you consider yourself very expert in the teachings. As to whether some people here are working with various levels of understanding, that of course is true. But unless you are a realized person, it is a little strange to be castigating other people for being deluded when oneself has not even gouged out a small portion of one own delusion. On the other hand, if someone makes a statement that is clearly a factual error and is in contradiction with the teachings, then of course one is helping them by setting them straight, even if they find it painful.
Just as I said before, stop to project selfish reasons. The delusion is obvious. Consequence: It's better to close this subforum. Make your circle secret. So no one can be harmed anymore. User unity was just a mirror.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

thigle wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
thigle wrote:
Just as I said before, stop to project selfish reasons. The delusion is obvious. Consequence: It's better to close this subforum. Make your circle secret. So no one can be harmed anymore. User unity was just a mirror.
You know, it is generally better to wear shoes than to cover the world with shoe leather. My advice to you is to stop participating in on-line forums such as this one if you disapprove so strongly. They are not going to shut this forum just because you recommend it.

M
thigle

Post by thigle »

Malcolm wrote:
You know, it is generally better to wear shoes than to cover the world with shoe leather. My advice to you is to stop participating in on-line forums such as this one if you disapprove so strongly. They are not going to shut this forum just because you recommend it.
It's much better to close this subforum. Making this circle secret. So no one can be harmed anymore.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

thigle wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
It's much better to close this subforum. Making this circle secret. So no one can be harmed anymore.
you've not shown how this thread or this sub-forum is a cause of harm. If you'd like to open that discussion, you are welcome to start a thread on that topic.

this one is closed temporarily for cleanup.

Return to “Dzogchen”