Rainbow body question

Rinchen Dorje

Rainbow body question

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

my question is simple..does rainbow body just happen spontaneously when one reaches the 4th vision as described in Longde/Thogal/Yangti texts? or does one just know what to do when they reach that level? or are there specific practices that one does when they reach that level?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Sönam

Re: Rainbow body question

Post by Sönam »

(4) When one ever moves from that state,
One becomes free from the conceptualizations of apprehending characteristics, and transcends the objects of attachment, the objects of abandonment and their antidotes, and everything is simultanously perfected and free from deliberate apprehensions, the attachment to external and internal existents exhausted, then that is the realization of the vision of the "dissolution into Dharmata."
Then, by bringing the intrinsic awareness to perfection in the four visions, the form bodies dissolve into the Dharmata, and one attains liberation by transcending the empty appearances and apprehensions - That is the attainment of permanence in the primordial state

Longchen Rabjam - Semnyid Rangtrol
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fa Dao wrote:my question is simple..does rainbow body just happen spontaneously when one reaches the 4th vision as described in Longde/Thogal/Yangti texts? or does one just know what to do when they reach that level? or are there specific practices that one does when they reach that level?
The fourth vision is described as a gradual process.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

ok..so in that slow dissolution does one just Know how to do that? Is it an intrinsic part of the process? or are there specific practices when one does reach that level? I am not asking for any specific details of course, especially in an online forum, just asking for future reference..
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fa Dao wrote:ok..so in that slow dissolution does one just Know how to do that? Is it an intrinsic part of the process? or are there specific practices when one does reach that level? I am not asking for any specific details of course, especially in an online forum, just asking for future reference..

Once you hit the third vision you are an awakened person.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

sorry if am am a little dense..just want to make sure I understand you correctly..this is serious shit, ya know?
3rd level=Awakened person=you just Know?
krodha

Post by krodha »

Fa Dao wrote:sorry if am am a little dense..just want to make sure I understand you correctly..this is serious shit, ya know?
http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... 480#p33601
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fa Dao wrote:sorry if am am a little dense..just want to make sure I understand you correctly..this is serious shit, ya know?
Well, one, if you reach the 3rd vision, this assumes you have had instructions on all four visions. So yeah, once you hit the third vision you also enter the first bhumi and the path of cultivation, and you are guaranteed buddhahood from that point on in the bardo at minimum.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

ok cool..thank you..that helps

Return to “Dzogchen”