Interview with Khenchen Rigdzin Dorje

lorem

Re: Interview with Khenchen Rigdzin Dorje

Post by lorem »

Ugh. Mipham refutes Tsongkhapa, Karmapa refutes Gorampa, etc. Endless...almost refuted each other out of existence (pun).

Maybe Western Buddhism will be different. 1 hour of debate = 4 hugs to random strangers, letting someone in front of you on the freeway, and a chai at Starbucks.
I should be meditating.
haha

Post by haha »

lorem, thanks for the link. i'll read that within a few days.
Some confusions have cleared after reading other recent posts. :)
lorem

Post by lorem »

haha wrote:lorem, thanks for the link. i'll read that within a few days. Some confusions have cleared after reading other recent posts. :)
Yeah i figure Vajranatha would be able to date Bon Dzogchen. Might be in this book. I should have added that to original link.
I should be meditating.
lorem

Post by lorem »

Okay from Golden Letters looks like Dzogchen showed up in Tibet 3,600 years ago.
I should be meditating.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

lorem wrote:Okay from Golden Letters looks like Dzogchen showed up in Tibet 3,600 years ago.
Yes, this is what Bonpos believe, but since there are no Bonpo historical texts that can be dated earlier than early 11th century, (which make claims about things which happened four millennia ago) Bon claims about this are highly problematical.

In any case, this kind of thing comes down to a question of belief and religious authority.

Return to “Dzogchen”