Questions about Longde and Semdzins

Shemmy

Questions about Longde and Semdzins

Post by Shemmy »

Is Longde indispensible for proper Dzogchen practice, or is it a case where if we practice guru yoga, do tsog, a yidam practice and do well at staying present in daily life we will likely eventually develop certainty regarding our real nature?

Also, I noticed that Dzogchen Community will be hosting a Longde retreat in Tenerife. Is it the kind of retreat that is held annually and which may be held closer to home later, or had I better get there regardless of the cost and complications or risk missing out for good.

Also, I got the 21 Semdzins book thinking it was somethng we could use, but the book has a disclaimer that says the book is only for those who have received the transmission. It isn’t clear what transmission they are refering to, some kind of lung or something for Semdzin or do they just mean direct introduction?
florin

Re: Questions about Longde and Semdzins

Post by florin »

Shemmy wrote:Is Longde indispensible for proper Dzogchen practice,
No , it is not indispensable.
or is it a case where if we practice guru yoga, do tsog, a yidam practice and do well at staying present in daily life we will likely eventually develop certainty regarding our real nature?
Yes.If you do all that you will be fine.Eventually things will get more clearer.
Also, I noticed that Dzogchen Community will be hosting a Longde retreat in Tenerife. Is it the kind of retreat that is held annually and which may be held closer to home later, or had I better get there regardless of the cost and complications or risk missing out for good.
Longde retreat is not held annually.
If you can't attend in person, for whatever reason, you can follow the webcast.That will suffice.

Also, I got the 21 Semdzins book thinking it was somethng we could use, but the book has a disclaimer that says the book is only for those who have received the transmission. It isn’t clear what transmission they are refering to, some kind of lung or something for Semdzin or do they just mean direct introduction?
In order to practice the semdzins all you need is attend any of the 3 direct transmissions Rinpoche gives every year or alternatively a direct introduction given with almost every webcast.
Shemmy

Re: Questions about Longde and Semdzins

Post by Shemmy »

Thanks A! Thats great news! Let's see if anyone has any qualms about any of it.

Return to “Dzogchen”