Not seeing suffering anymore *sigh*

Moononalake

Not seeing suffering anymore *sigh*

Post by Moononalake »

Hello dear brothers and sisters,

i'm relating a personnal experience which i did like to discuss about, for quickness i'll write in a "very personnal maner", excuses this. And also excuse my English please.

Here is the background: In this present human life, yet longs years ago i did had an enlightening experience of non-duality, i did meet Buddhism and Dzogchen years later and they were very relating to my experience so may be i had been linked to Buddhism and Dzogchen in previous lifes, anyway let's not care about this in this thread even if it could all explain the causes of my story in a brief manner. Yet no glimps of how to handle such an experience.

So Buddhism and Dzogchen had been helpfull for me to understand and put words and makes links toward what i did experience. In fact, it was linking a tradionnal point of view to my points of views; beeing on a "sacred-path" has been quite helpfull to manage a part of my "ethical anxiety" because before my main experience, i did had a lot of suffering and seeing suffering but i did experience non-duality (in a certain manner at least) and interdependency (in a certain manner too) to make it short: The power of the experience has been incredibly blasting! I was able to see zero suffering anymore!
It was as cool as it was out of management!

At this time my grounding was not very well somehow so i was not able to manage the fruits of this experience correctly.
Elseway it could had been Nirvana
I did practice to be able to integrate correctly, the experience and the fruits, yet...

Main Part:
------------

As i said i can see no suffering anymore, i managed to be able to see it willingly for social and phylosophical convenience at least.

I now manage more and more to perceive suffering as elementals perturbations and awarness of the subjects not ... ( let's image: ) eventually not seeing behind the clouds... So from this point of view "chaos" could be a problem (or not) to some behings, harmony too, and the main reason is elemental balance and not seeing behind the coulds... Seems like a middle way in between crazyness and wisdom yet it is not crazywisdom ;)

Yet to me theses are still difficult to live points of views, at least socially; ""blindness" to suffering" is so distant to the "normal" humans way of interaction, this is the "ethical/phylosophical "problem""
also, if i do not take care, for example i could easelly say things which would make behings "suffer", this is the practical problem".

what can i say to a person telling me about discussing a "human day to day life" problem: "the problem is mostly in your mind, and in your awareness", it seems not correct to me to answer this way with most persons, yet taking into account suffering which i see not or seems irrevelant or "insubstantial" to my common sense, would be a "stupid game", not even an Upaya if i would answer to theses games as they present and interact with my "point of view".

I'm mostly practicing alone due to theses concerns mainly, socially it's a point which so easely bring at least mis-understanding, may be suffering...
It's not becauses things are not perceived that theses are not here, i don't forget this about suffering and samsara.
It's like i could have attained Nirvana but i'm kept silent... At least out of understanding in face to face...

I did practice, elseway life would be not different from a game with no winner and no looser until it's end... but such answer satisfy not my spiritual magnanimity... not being able to mange other's suffering or abscence-of-suffering neither... ;)

Did you experienced such things as not seeing suffering anymore ? Being able to see it or not, and related ...
How did you handled, did you used a kind of "trick" ?
After all, could this be a normal step of the path or the end ?
My mind has difficulties to accept, moreover i still have a physical body to live with ...

is this luck or doom ?
lack of doom is luck
lack of luck is doom
but lack of doom could be no luck
and lack of luck could be no doom
this should brings compassion
compassion for the doomed or the lucky ?
all are still in the same interdepency
who is out of this ?
When the basis recognise the basis,
the concepts dissolve and the self
has no ground to put under it's feets anymore.
As such, a moon on a lake did spoke to another moon on a lake
for sure!

-----
I did post this in Dzogchen because this thread is at least into non-duality of view, experience and may be in non-duality of awareness :yinyang:
A bit out of the way of what Mahayana Buddhism usually cover... If it seems inapropriate i please you leave it here for one or two weeks anyway, thanks :namaste:

Any thought, experience or theorical/phylosophical input is welcomed.
I did receive Dzogchen general transmition but it did not help my ability to go alone and isolated in Nirvana or my ability to manage sociability "correctly"
Farwell OmAhHum
Ivo

Re: Not seeing suffering anymore *sigh*

Post by Ivo »

If you didn't experience suffering anymore, you wouldn't be posting questions here. This is definitely a form of suffering.
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

from an ultimate perspective, suffering is emptiness and only arises dependent on causes and conditions and so has no self-existence of it's own.

But it still exists on the relative and conventional level right? When you stub your toe do you still not see suffering anymore?

A bad dream can't cause you harm when you wake, but for those still asleep, the suffering still feels very real.

So if you don't see suffering anymore,at least see those who experience it as real.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

As i said i can see no suffering anymore...
Try holding your breath for five minutes. You will see suffering.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Moononalake

Post by Moononalake »

Old Zen story --- A student question a master:
is this true that at your level of practice, you do not experience hate anymore

that is true

so if you would manifest as a pacifist for the right of life in beetween a group of behings,
jealous and fanatic, slaugthering animals, poluting forest, foresaking war
and that theses behings would trow stones at you and yelling bad words,
even there you would not experience hate ?

the master then laugh and says:
but for which healtly reason would i expose myself to such a situation ?!
--the more tradiotionnal story was speaking of a cliff and arrow throwing

------------------------
still excepting to see some answers here,
Thanks and farewell
Kaccāni

Post by Kaccāni »

Why does this thread *sigh* at people?
Shush! I'm doing nose-picking practice!
Anaguma

Post by Anaguma »

It seems to me that youre suffering due to the fact that you arent seeing suffering anymore.
Saoshun

Post by Saoshun »

Anaguma wrote:It seems to me that youre suffering due to the fact that you arent seeing suffering anymore.

This.

You are in non-duality trap. You have experiences one of the first 4 dhyanas or the first samadhi. Do not get twist up, it's very basic experience but for mostly people is like touching feet of the god. Suffering can put you into samadhi when you got absorbed into "silent" or "silence" sound when you can clearly see the world as unreal, but you wasted your opportunity, such a thing can happen only once for a life time or once for a couple life-times.

Next time when you are in samadhi or some higher dhyana meditate upon something to not waste that time in no-time to at least have some stable realization or siddhi.
pema yeshe

Post by pema yeshe »

Once you have seen your mind (clear light) it is never too late...stay with it. You are in the middle with Garab Dorje's second and third points and the more you stay in your clear light the stronger your conviction and then confidence will become. It won't be very long until the sense of utter certainty will attend your interactions with others. That doesn't necessarily mean you will say something nice but it will be skillful means. Never stop remembering how you felt in that experience of "non-duality" because it will grow of itself. Turning your mind to the experience just gives it energy. :namaste:

Return to “Dzogchen”