Dorje Drollo

jay

Dorje Drollo

Post by jay »

I think ChNN gave the lung for the main root mantra in yesterdays retreat, but not the action mantra. I presume that without the lung for the action mantra i cannot do that part. Is the action mantra necessary to make the practice more effective?
lelopa

Re: Dorje Drollo

Post by lelopa »

no
Lost In Transmission
fckw

Post by fckw »

In which situations would you generally use an action mantra such as DDs?
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Usually, in Sarma systems, in order to use an activity mantra, you would need to complete the requisite approximation practice--by number, by time, or by signs--before engaging in the activity mantra. Perhaps this isn't the case in Dzogchen, or in Nyingma practice in general---I don't know. I do know that often, in Drupchens, one does the various stages--approach/approximation, accomplishment, great accomplishment, activity, together.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Nyingma also. First you do the drubpa of the root mantra. Same same: number, time, and/or signs. Then you do the activity mantra. Commonly, in terms of number, the activity mantra is done 1/10 the number of repetitions of the root mantra. By time, it is common these days to do the activity mantra for one week. In all the drubchens I have attended, the activity mantra has only been recited for one day, the last day before taking the siddhi.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
haak0n

Post by haak0n »

I received this lung also many times from Rinpoche, but no explanations.I want to do the practice. The mantra is turning clockwise I assume? can someone PM
MiphamFan

Post by MiphamFan »

You can email Shangshung institute to ask to buy the recordings of the Dorje Drolod retreat.
haak0n

Post by haak0n »

Thanks I know that, but I hope I can get a simple answer to a simple question. Rinpoche said Dorje Drollo can be put in short or medium tun, so this is the only essential piece of information for someone to start practicing.
haak0n

Post by haak0n »

Rinpoche says there is a Dorje Drollo booklet. Have any of you saw that anywhere?
Kris

Post by Kris »

haak0n wrote:Rinpoche says there is a Dorje Drollo booklet. Have any of you saw that anywhere?
is there a booklet?
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
heart

Post by heart »

RikudouSennin wrote:
haak0n wrote:Rinpoche says there is a Dorje Drollo booklet. Have any of you saw that anywhere?
is there a booklet?
http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... 08288.html

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Dzogchen”