Manjushri practice for improving wisdom?

Hansei

Manjushri practice for improving wisdom?

Post by Hansei »

A few retreats ago ChNNR gave transmission of the essential mantra of Manjushri for improving wisdom (if I'm not mistaken).

I've been looking in the Shang Shung Store but I can't find any book or booklet related to that.

Does anybody know where can I find explanation of the practice or can explain it to me by private message?

kng

Re: Manjushri practice for improving wisdom?

Post by kng »

Hi

if you are interested in Manjushri practice, maybe you should do that.

As far as I know, Rinpoche gives this mantra only when people request it. I think Rinpoche is teaching a "full thing" and there is not too much need to request some additional methods, but if people want to have this or that, probably out of compassion he gives that... for example Manjushri mantra...

By the way, Green Tara has action mantra related to developing inteligence.

According to my personal experience realised masters give Manjushri only when people request it. Rinpoche being one example, lama Ole Nydahl another. Lama Ole always hesitates a little bit when people request Manjushri. I could only speculate why. Maybe there is risk of falling into "only intelectual understanding of buddhist philosophy".

But I am not saying you shouldn´t do Manjushri practice.

If you want to share your own ideas I will be glad to read it.

Best wishes

kng
They all are buddhas, they just don't tell me, because they feel ashamed, that I am not.
Lama Ole Nydahl
Hansei

Re: Manjushri practice for improving wisdom?

Post by Hansei »

Thank you Kng. I was having a difficult time with mental clarity in my job, and just at that moment Rinpoche gave transmission of Manjushri, so I thought it could be of some use.

But I see your point and actually I have a similar feeling. The transmissions that he always gives must be what he considers most important.

For some reason Tara didn't come to my mind for mental clarity (maybe because of the lack of clarity? :roll: ).

Best wishes.

Return to “Dzogchen”