WWT 7~26 Choygal Namkhai

Jbaca

WWT 7~26 Choygal Namkhai

Post by Jbaca »

phpBB [video]
Hi I'm a seeker whose primary's exercise/life has been Christian/ Surat Shabad yoga. I now am wanting to to embark on a Dzogchen with Choygal Namkhai Rinpoche I understand the Atiyoga concept but does each of the three annual events give one something different than the other two? Can someone help me understand the basic learning outline
Just need a little overview for a beginner. Have some Qs I Would like to discuss in private.
Jbaca

Re: WWT 7~26 Choygal Namkhai

Post by Jbaca »

Got a great reply from a member here thanks.
lama tsewang

Post by lama tsewang »

i also would like to know whats happening in this upcoming world wide transmission , etc , what books are needed, etc.. what time on friday , for the west coast of north america , and just how one would prepare , i am recommending this for several people
Jbaca

Post by Jbaca »

http://webcast.dzogchen.net/ this is link to where the WWT will post for the event on Saturday. The Guru yoga book can be purchased in ebook format from Shangshung bookstore USA or Europe it is restricted. Thats that basic info there is a list with the chant a printable pdf could not locate for you yet...
Jbaca

Post by Jbaca »

on the link I posted there is a header link called retreat resources I believe it has the pdfs for both the Guru yoga practice and the chant.
lama tsewang

Post by lama tsewang »

thank you for your help , but there is more than one guru yoga book available at the online store , which one should i get?
Jbaca

Post by Jbaca »

Online version would be the only one you could get before the event they are both the same.
Jbaca

Post by Jbaca »

If your talking about the ones posted in the link there more than one so in that case these are simply different sections of the same book in that case download all. I have no idea about what will be used for the event.
heart

Post by heart »

Here is what you need for the transmission tomorrow: http://www.ylonhost-us.com/webcast/data ... mbhava.pdf

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
daelm

Post by daelm »

Jbaca wrote:If your talking about the ones posted in the link there more than one so in that case these are simply different sections of the same book in that case download all. I have no idea about what will be used for the event.

Relevant to the WWT - Anniversary of Guru Rinpoche (Padmasambhava
)

http://www.ylonhost-us.com/webcast/data ... Drugpa.pdf
Explanation

http://www.ylonhost-us.com/webcast/data ... MBHAVA.pdf
Practice text

http://www.ylonhost-us.com/webcast/data ... V_SLOW.pdf
Song of Vajra

https://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&sourc ... -pLHemckCQ
Song of Vajra - melody, YouTube. This goes a beat or two faster than Rinpoche will.
Last edited by daelm on Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
daelm

Post by daelm »

lama tsewang wrote:i also would like to know whats happening in this upcoming world wide transmission , etc , what books are needed, etc.. what time on friday , for the west coast of north america , and just how one would prepare , i am recommending this for several people
On the webcast link you'll find timezones. Texts are linked to above.
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

lama tsewang wrote:what time on friday , for the west coast of north america
Maybe not Friday for Transmission but Saturday today the 25th for West Coast....If I'm not wrong Rinpoche will give transmission in about 10.5 hours from now, it's around 7:30 pm or so where Rinpoche is, people are doing the songs and dances, I figure transmission is 8pm today for West Coast USA, East Coast 11pm today, and where Rinpoche is it will be 6am his time on the 26th when he is giving transmission.

Russia is Seven hours ahead of our West Coast & East Coast times if I'm not wrong, you can check by the world clock.

There have been many folks that have posted on this board and other boards that they miss the transmission because their calculations of the day and time were a little off.

Did I figure correctly, maybe some people can check and let me know.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

T. Chokyi wrote:
Maybe not Friday for Transmission but Saturday today the 25th for West Coast....If I'm not wrong Rinpoche will give transmission in about 10.5 hours from now, it's around 7:30 pm or so where Rinpoche is, people are doing the songs and dances, I figure transmission is 8pm today for West Coast USA, East Coast 11pm today, and where Rinpoche is it will be 6am his time on the 26th when he is giving transmission.

Russia is Seven hours ahead of our West Coast & East Coast times if I'm not wrong, you can check by the world clock.

There have been many folks that have posted on this board and other boards that they miss the transmission because their calculations of the day and time were a little off.

If you go to the live webcast site here:
http://www.ylonhost-us.com/webcast/inde ... ve-webcast
you can see the time and date at the location of the retreat, if you have any doubts.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

dzogchungpa wrote:
T. Chokyi wrote:

If you go to the live webcast site here:
http://www.ylonhost-us.com/webcast/inde ... ve-webcast
you can see the time and date at the location of the retreat, if you have any doubts.

I know, I already checked, but I did my calculations for Lama Tsewang who asked what time on Friday for West Coast,
and today is Saturday West Coast & East Coast, so my calculations are based on the webcast link already, but it would be nice if someone verifies 11PM Eastern and 8PM West Coast so people don't miscalculate this time around.

It is a specific question he asked.
Jbaca

Post by Jbaca »

Yes 8 pm but start 730ishSo setup by 8
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

Jbaca wrote:Yes 8 pm but start 730ishSo setup by 8
Very good.

:buddha1: :bow:
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

Gratitude and homage to the guru.
daelm

Post by daelm »

Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote:Gratitude and homage to the guru.

:bow: :bow: :bow:
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

daelm wrote:
Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote:Gratitude and homage to the guru.

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Same here, may Rinpoche live a very long life and have every wish fulfilled!

:bow:

Return to “Dzogchen”