ye shes and jalus

fckw

Re: ye shes and jalus

Post by fckw »

Malcolm wrote:
Losal Samten wrote:
Losal Samten wrote:The rakshasas living there are said to be afflicted and that they dislike the king after he mysteriously had a personality change and stopped them from rakshasa'ing, so it doesn't seem like they're 8th bhumi+ (according to Karma Chagme, although his bias is self-stated).
The present Dodrupchen came from Zangdok Palri and said he saw Padmasambhava in rakshasa form and also saw Avalokiteshvara. Chogyur Lingpa's visit to Zangdok Palri stated that he saw mental emanations of Padmasambhava teaching on the islands to beings of various dispositions and saw different forms of GR on the different stories. Delog Dawa Drolma said she saw Avalokiteshvara in sambhogakaya form and Padmasambhava in his regular human form. GR is is said to have travelled to Camara to specifically tame the rakshasas, and unless he was only 'taming' 8th bhumi bodhisattvas, he would need to be in a form that they could see and relate to.

In short: Image
Dreams and visions are one thing, the question of whether Padmasambhava travelled the Indian colony on Madagascar in order to sorcerously control the natives is quite another. Based in the Indian account of his bio, I think it is safe to say the travelled to somewhere to deal with "rakṣasas," and I personally think that the most sensible place for him to have traveled is Madagascar, YMMV.
Which emanation did he use for this? Dorje Drollo, Dorje Dradog, or Shakya Senghe? The account is not very clear.
Kris

Re: ye shes and jalus

Post by Kris »

fckw wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Losal Samten wrote: The present Dodrupchen came from Zangdok Palri and said he saw Padmasambhava in rakshasa form and also saw Avalokiteshvara. Chogyur Lingpa's visit to Zangdok Palri stated that he saw mental emanations of Padmasambhava teaching on the islands to beings of various dispositions and saw different forms of GR on the different stories. Delog Dawa Drolma said she saw Avalokiteshvara in sambhogakaya form and Padmasambhava in his regular human form. GR is is said to have travelled to Camara to specifically tame the rakshasas, and unless he was only 'taming' 8th bhumi bodhisattvas, he would need to be in a form that they could see and relate to.

In short: Image
Dreams and visions are one thing, the question of whether Padmasambhava travelled the Indian colony on Madagascar in order to sorcerously control the natives is quite another. Based in the Indian account of his bio, I think it is safe to say the travelled to somewhere to deal with "rakṣasas," and I personally think that the most sensible place for him to have traveled is Madagascar, YMMV.
Which emanation did he use for this? Dorje Drollo, Dorje Dradog, or Shakya Senghe? The account is not very clear.
Guru Dorje Drolö
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines

Return to “Dzogchen”