anything similar to Choying Dzo...

Rinchen Dorje

anything similar to Choying Dzo...

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Was wondering if anyone can recommend a text, Tantra, teaching etc that is similar in content to Choying Dzo but not as long, more pithy, and more focused on practice?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Malcolm

Re: anything similar to Choying Dzo...

Post by Malcolm »

Fa Dao wrote:Was wondering if anyone can recommend a text, Tantra, teaching etc that is similar in content to Choying Dzo but not as long, more pithy, and more focused on practice?

Dorsem Namkhache...
Kris

Post by Kris »

This teaching by Dudjom Lingpa 'The Foolish Dharma of an Idiot Clothed in Mud and Feathers’ is probably my favorite of all time!

http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?titl ... 6ja_Puchen
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Malcolm wrote:
Fa Dao wrote:Was wondering if anyone can recommend a text, Tantra, teaching etc that is similar in content to Choying Dzo but not as long, more pithy, and more focused on practice?

Dorsem Namkhache...
Thank you..this the same thing as Dorje Sempa Namkhache? could you elaborate a bit? Im assuming this is a Tantra? And I dont suppose it has been translated into English has it?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Fa Dao wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

Dorsem Namkhache...
Thank you..this the same thing as Dorje Sempa Namkhache? could you elaborate a bit? Im assuming this is a Tantra? And I dont suppose it has been translated into English has it?

http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... cts_id=885
s.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

dzogchungpa wrote:
Sold out. :crying:
amanitamusc linked it above from SSI Italy store, it's available there: http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... 08455.html

Anyways,

ChNN gave transmission of this precious text together with teachings and instructions on the entire thing some time ago - 2 years ago maybe.

As Rinpoche himself wrote about this text:
The ultimate essence of all the profound points of Ati Dzogpa Chenpo is certainly represented by the Bodhichitta scripture (lung) or root text known as Dorje Sempa Namkha Che, The Total Space of Vajrasattva. In this regard, the perfect Buddha, king of the Shakyas, predicted that in the future a being like himself would have appeared to teach a special teaching completely beyond cause and effect. This supreme being, the Ati Dzogchen master Garab Dorje, was born in Uddiyana, and a history says that when he reached seven years he recited spontaneously this text. Thus we can be confident. For this reason, I have prepared this version of the root text of the Dorje Sempa Namkha Che after comparing five different manuscript editions:

1) the root lung contained in volume KHA of the ancient manuscript collection of the Vai ro rgyud ’bum (357-366)

2) a version found in volume NGA of the ancient manuscript collection of the Vai ro rgyud ’bum (383-395)

3) a version found in one chapter of the Kun byed rgyal po contained in the Peking Bka’ ’gyur …..(Peking, DZA, 1-)

4) a version found in one chapter of the Nyi zla dang mnyam pa’i rgyud, contained in volume KHA of the ancient manuscript collection of the Vai ro rgyud ’bum (34-40)

5) a version found in one chapter of the Rdzogs pa chen po chos nyid byang chub kyi sems rin chen bkod pa rnam par dbye ba’i rgyud, contained in volume CA of the Mtshams brag edition of the Rnying ma rgyud ’bum (136-143).

Since it is extremely important that all of us of the Dzogchen Community have knowledge of the principles of this root text, we should gradually study or thoroughly reflect by means of discussion the special principles expressed in the root verses prepared for each week, in the periods of the new moon, of the tenth and twenty-fifth days, and so forth. If we succeed, I think it will be of great benefit for making the authentic knowledge of Ati arise in our state. Therefore, I have prepared this with the utmost pure intention. The English version of the root text of the Dorje Sempa Namkha Che included here is the one translated by our lotsawa Adriano Clemente.

I hope that all those to wish to practice and experience in their state the authentic principle of Ati Dzogpa Chenpo according to my understanding, while the time of our life is passing quickly, may be reminded by the messenger of presence and awareness in those occasions and foster a special interest in this. And I also wish that the genuine knowledge of Ati Dzogpa Chenpo beyond all limitations and partiality may quickly arise in all those who are interested in this.

The globe-trotter Chogyal Namkhai Norbu
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

very helpful all of you...thank you. Unfortunately though I missed that particular transmission... :tantrum:
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Norwegian wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote:
amanitamusc linked it above from SSI Italy store, it's available there: http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... 08455.html
Is shipping from there to the States reasonable? I've never purchased from them before.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

dzogchungpa wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote:
Is shipping from there to the States reasonable? I've never purchased from them before.
Not living in the States I cannot say what the shipping would be. But as I am used to having to order from the States to Norway or Japan to Norway etc. for various things I purchase now and then, I've learnt that sometimes shipping prices are reasonable and other times... not so much.

So, your options are either to wait for the book to re-appear in SSI USA store or bite the bullet and go for EU-US shipping...
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Norwegian wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote:
Norwegian wrote: amanitamusc linked it above from SSI Italy store, it's available there: http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... 08455.html
Not living in the States I cannot say what the shipping would be. But as I am used to having to order from the States to Norway or Japan to Norway etc. for various things I purchase now and then, I've learnt that sometimes shipping prices are reasonable and other times... not so much.

So, your options are either to wait for the book to re-appear in SSI USA store or bite the bullet and go for EU-US shipping...
Damn you, Atlantic Ocean!
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Shipping is not to much to the states and the text is priceless .
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

In C. Wilkinson' s book " Secret Sky" is Dorsem NamkhaChe also included....
Lost In Transmission
Matt J

Post by Matt J »

Without chnnr commentary, though.
lelopa wrote:In C. Wilkinson' s book " Secret Sky" is Dorsem NamkhaChe also included....
"The world is made of stories, not atoms."
--- Muriel Rukeyser
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Matt J wrote:Without chnnr commentary, though.
lelopa wrote:In C. Wilkinson' s book " Secret Sky" is Dorsem NamkhaChe also included....

that' s right :crying:
Lost In Transmission
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

I beleive that Keith Dowman also has a translation with commentary, but I was afraid to mention it before. :(
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

dzogchungpa wrote:I beleive that Keith Dowman also has a translation with commentary, but I was afraid to mention it before. :(

for me wilkinson is easier to understand.....
Lost In Transmission
Kris

Post by Kris »

I'm uncertain if you're aware or not but Longchen Rabjam wrote a commentary of the Chöying Dzod titled:
A Treasure Trove of Scriptural Transmission/
Dharmadhātu ratna kośa nāma//
Chos dbyings rin po che'i mdzod ces bya ba

In the 10th Chapter of that text Longchenpa gives practical and pithy instructions:

•The four methods of resting
•Three aspects of samadhi
•Twenty two topics that identity the key points
•Three methods of resting that relate to essence, nature, and compassion
•Five themes concerning the dispelling of constraints
•Three ways of coming to a decisive experience of vidya
•Five major ways of making clear distinctions

Perhaps this maybe useful in some way along with the other suggested titles in this thread.

Peace
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

oh yeah bro..I got it...very helpful...reading and rereading it....its just kinda dense..know what I mean?

Return to “Dzogchen”