Stabilising Dzogchen practice

mutsuk

Re: Stabilising Dzogchen practice

Postby mutsuk » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:00 pm

tamdrin

Postby tamdrin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Magnus how do you figure the Longchen Nyingtig 3 year includes 2 years of 4 thoughts practice? That is 12 hours a day of those contemplations? I am assuming this is in the lineage from Khenpo Ngagchung? While I know in that lineage he had his students (and Khenpo Munsel) do at least 100 days on those four thoughts before doing a 3 year or other longer retreats..

heart

Postby heart » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:54 pm

"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Sönam

Postby Sönam » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:12 am

things speak by them self ... and somone who "knows" generally does not shout it loud ...

It's very visible that he has a high opinion of himself, which is quite a big drawback for someone who intends to practice Dzogchen. ... little kids say "c'est celui qui le dit qui est" "this is the one who says who is". And it is clear that "high opinion of themself" is a quality that anyone can perceive in that tendency ... there is no much more to say !

he's apparently mistaking me regularly for somebody else which is quite telling in itself. this is an absurd reasonning ... how can someone know on internet if if one is a male or a female. Pretending it's "quite telling in itself" can throw light on the way of reasonning ... It's quite telling in itself.

They View of Dzogchen in Bön and Nyingma is the same. Exactly the same. ... once more "à coté de la plaque" "completely mistaken", who is speaking of the view ? I was speaking of the means !

Do not resort to personal stuff. Keep it at the level of the discussion, old man, your avatar is already quite telling in itself no? ... anyone taking time to read our pseudo-conversation would see who is resorting to personal stuff. No necessity to argue about ... just openning eyes on fact ! which seems not to be an habit.

... and that's enough not to continue any discussion with you ! It's not very productive !
Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -

mutsuk

Postby mutsuk » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:29 am

Sönam

Postby Sönam » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:09 pm

your avatar is already quite telling in itself no? ... Image

I can see your level of communication ... and of being. :thumbsup:
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -

muni

Postby muni » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:30 pm

Mantra OM AH HUNG keeps bla bla mind :broke: nicely busy.
(Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche)

A help, gives colored bla bla a job.

peace

mutsuk

Postby mutsuk » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:51 pm

muni

Postby muni » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:18 pm

mutsuk: "Then it's even worst than we all thought"! same thought? = many mutsuks.

Nyingma? Teacher learns disparaging language, cutting others down? Only gentle speaking by wisdom and compassion, i never forget their loving kindness in gratefulness and emerging their teachings in daily life.

mutsuk

Postby mutsuk » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:29 pm

muni

Postby muni » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:03 pm

"Never lose bodhichitta, have the ability to cut through doubts and misconceptions with wisdom".

In our conduct is stability supported.

Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

the words of disparaging language, cutting others down are from Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche as well, also he talked about gentle speak and the evil of arrogance and pride pitfalls.

mutsuk

Postby mutsuk » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Well this changes nothing to the fact that Sönam's views are misleading others, which in itself is quite dramatic. Could we go back to the topic please instead of playing egos, last words, etc. (typically male behavoir) ? :focus:

muni

Postby muni » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:13 pm

muni

Postby muni » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:53 am

Ah! Now I see the game of telling "last words". I have no any skills, whether in my misperception I see ego to beat or when I should understand nonduality, there is revealing compassion. All is compassion "in awareness and its' media body speech and mind in vast space" Longchenpa.

Thank you for teaching. :thumbsup:

http://www.berzinarchives.com/web/en/ar ... gchen.html

Sönam

Postby Sönam » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:16 am

- Longchen Rabjam -

Pero

Postby Pero » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:20 pm

Can someone tell me in short what the disagreement is actually about? I read all posts but I have no clue what they/you are arguing about. :lol:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

Mariusz

Postby Mariusz » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:43 pm

muni

Postby muni » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:56 pm

its' about keeping balanced awareness, be aware of distraction, not falling in despair to stabilize practice and not turn in misperception. Sönam showed text with clarification about sameness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXoU32y- ... re=related

gnegirl

Postby gnegirl » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:16 pm

"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?

florin

Postby florin » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:09 pm

:lol: :roll: :jumping:

or ...whats the measure of the endless ocean of samsara ?
or whats the measure of the limitless nature of mind???

excellent

alpha

Return to “Dzogchen”