Bothersome things about Vajrayana and Dzogchen

Pema Rigdzin

Re: Bothersome things about Vajrayana and Dzogchen

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Enochian wrote:Ok let me put it in another way.

If you 100% NEED a transmission to understand your natural state, it would NOT be natural would it?
Well, you need something reflective, like a mirror, to see your natural face. Can't see your face just by possessing it, can you?
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

Very well put. :twothumbsup:
Jinzang

Post by Jinzang »

You meet the mistaken idea that "the ultimate is unconditioned therefore anyone who teaches a path to realize it has fallen into a false view" more often in Neo-Advaita. But some would-be Dzogchenpas seem prone to it as well. I won't argue the point. But I will recommend Vivid Awareness, a recent book by Thrangu Rinpoche made from talks he gave explaining a short text by Khenpo Gangshar. I haven't finished it yet, but so far, so good. It hits the main points that a beginner in Dzogchen/Mahamudra needs to know.
"It's as plain as the nose on your face!" Dottie Primrose
adinatha

Post by adinatha »

Jinzang wrote:You meet the mistaken idea that "the ultimate is unconditioned therefore anyone who teaches a path to realize it has fallen into a false view" more often in Neo-Advaita. But some would-be Dzogchenpas seem prone to it as well. I won't argue the point. But I will recommend Vivid Awareness, a recent book by Thrangu Rinpoche made from talks he gave explaining a short text by Khenpo Gangshar. I haven't finished it yet, but so far, so good. It hits the main points that a beginner in Dzogchen/Mahamudra needs to know.
I read this book based on your recommendation here. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. One of a kind.
CAW!
adinatha

Post by adinatha »

I just read up on Khenpo Gangshar's life. He was left for dead after an illness and taken to a cell. Then he suddenly sat up after three days and transformed from someone who was a conformist to someone quite daring and unconventional. Looking death square in the face allows transformations like this. I take great inspiration from this kind of experience. Contemplate death, I say.
CAW!

Return to “Dzogchen”