Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Lhakpa

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Lhakpa »

amanitamusc wrote:
Lhakpa wrote:
I'm sorry. I assumed since it was an open webcast anyone could watch it didn't contain any restricted information.
No that's not the case..I've made the mistake and many others do.
I have two questions.

1. I've been reading a lot of old posts here, and I understand that mistakes like these can harm one's samaya. I've also read about ways of purifying samaya, e.g. Vajrasattva, ganapuja, etc. I understand that it's actually very easy to break samaya, but also easy to repair. But when one realises one has done something potentially harmful to samaya, does one simply apply the remedies and assume it's been repaired? I know Rinpoche often says not to beat oneself up over past mistakes, at the same time, I imagine one would want to be sure one had repaired samaya?

2. Can someone from the DC PM me who can help with details on how to perform a ganapuja?

Thank you! :bow:
florin

Post by florin »

Lhakpa wrote:
amanitamusc wrote:
Lhakpa wrote:
I'm sorry. I assumed since it was an open webcast anyone could watch it didn't contain any restricted information.
No that's not the case..I've made the mistake and many others do.
I have two questions.

1. I've been reading a lot of old posts here, and I understand that mistakes like these can harm one's samaya. I've also read about ways of purifying samaya, e.g. Vajrasattva, ganapuja, etc. I understand that it's actually very easy to break samaya, but also easy to repair. But when one realises one has done something potentially harmful to samaya, does one simply apply the remedies and assume it's been repaired? I know Rinpoche often says not to beat oneself up over past mistakes, at the same time, I imagine one would want to be sure one had repaired samaya?

2. Can someone from the DC PM me who can help with details on how to perform a ganapuja?

Thank you! :bow:
A ganapuja is not easy to explain in a few words.
There are books and dvd's on ganapuja you can buy from http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en/my-account
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

You'll need the DVD. Illustrations don't really convey the movements involved.

If you can attend a ganapuja with your nearest D.C , you can learn through participation. You'll learn the more you take part in them.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Kris

Post by Kris »

If possible, will someone please send me the trikaya mandala mantra.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
ratna

Post by ratna »

RikudouSennin wrote:If possible, will someone please send me the trikaya mandala mantra.
It's from the Konchok Chidu:

ཨོྃ་ཨཱཿ་ཧཱུྃ༔
ཆོས་དབྱིངས་མཎྜལ་རིག་པས་བརྒྱན་པ་འདི༔
བླ་མ་སངས་རྒྱས་ཆོས་ཀྱི་སྐུ་ལ་འབུལ༔
རང་ལུས་མཎྜལ་དབང་པོས་བརྒྱན་པ་འདི༔
བླ་མ་ལོངས་སྤྱོད་རྫོགས་པའི་སྐུ་ལ་འབུལ༔
རིན་ཆེན་མཎྜལ་གསེར་གཡུས་བརྒྱན་པ་འདི༔
བླ་མ་ཐུགས་རྗེ་སྤྲུལ་པའི་སྐུ་ལ་འབུལ༔

om ah hung:
chöying mandal rigpe gyenpa di:
lama sangye chökyi ku la bül
rang lü mandal wangpö gyenpa di:
lama longchö dzokpe ku la bül:
rinchen mandal ser yü gyenpa di:
lama thukje trülpe ku la bül:

Oṃ Āḥ Hūṃ
This maṇḍala of the Dharmadhātu, adorned with vidyā,
I offer to the Guru, the Buddha's Dharmakāya.
This maṇḍala of my own body, adorned with the faculties,
I offer to the Guru, the Saṃbhogakāya.
This precious maṇḍala, adorned with gold and turquoise,
I offer to the Guru, the compassionate Nairmāṇikakāya.
Kris

Post by Kris »

ratna wrote:
It's from the Konchok Chidu
Thank you very much Ratna.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Kris

Post by Kris »

Jhanadakini

Could someone please PM me the link to the correct practice book for the Jhanadakini practice the Master gave transmission for?

Thank you very much.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Tzalschuk

Post by Tzalschuk »

Dear practitioners,

in the last retreat Rinpoche gave again lung for Vajrakila of the Adzom Drugpa terma. Again he said, that tere is a booklet of this terma.

Unfortunately there is nothing available. I tried to contact the members, who wrote about a pdf and a picture of this Vajrakila, but didn't get an answer.

Is there any information about this terma available?

With many thanks and greetings,

Sven
Kris

Post by Kris »

RikudouSennin wrote:Jhanadakini

Could someone please PM me the link to the correct practice book for the Jhanadakini practice the Master gave transmission for?

Thank you very much.
Is it Longsal volume 7?
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
krodha

Post by krodha »

RikudouSennin wrote:
RikudouSennin wrote:Jhanadakini

Thank you very much.
Is it Longsal volume 7?
From the VC forum:
Mantrik wrote:From Shang Shung Publications:

Transmissions given by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu, 26-31 August 2016 Shitro (including the mantra of Changhcub Dorje's Shitro):

http://www.shangshungpublications.org/p ... tices.html
florin

Post by florin »

krodha wrote:.

Even if you don't plan to apply the teachings immediately, it is still good to receive it so you can when you are ready.
As disappointing as it may seem, people shouldnt go if they are not ready .
I am afraid to say , rinpoche's advice does not allow for any interpretation.
I asked him a question about readiness and whether people can go to receive the teachings even if they are not ready but only practice yangti when they are ready and he wasnt very pleased.
No means no.
That's it.
heart

Post by heart »

florin wrote:

Even if you don't plan to apply the teachings immediately, it is still good to receive it so you can when you are ready.
I asked him a question about readiness and whether people can go to receive the teachings even if they are not ready but only practice yangti when they are ready and he wasnt very pleased.
No means no.
That's it.
The Yangti teachings themselves contain a complete path with ngondro, and lama, yidam and dakini practices, trechö, tögal and dark retreat. You can read about it here: http://www.ewambuddhagarden.org/wp-cont ... mation.pdf

Now, ChNNR will probably don't give the complete path but just the dark retreat instructions so this is probably why you need to achieved a certain stability in trechö before doing this retreat. That is Rinpoches wish. But I don't think he say no to anyone.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
florin

Post by florin »

heart wrote:
florin wrote:

No means no.
That's it.
The Yangti teachings themselves contain a complete path with ngondro, and lama, yidam and dakini practices, trechö, tögal and dark retreat. You can read about it here: http://www.ewambuddhagarden.org/wp-cont ... mation.pdf

Now, ChNNR will probably don't give the complete path but just the dark retreat instructions so this is probably why you need to achieved a certain stability in trechö before doing this retreat. That is Rinpoches wish. But I don't think he say no to anyone.

/magnus
Are you sugesting that he might still say yes to some people who dont have yet stable treckhod ?
I would be curios to see if there is anybody who having not yet fulfilled the requirement they received personal permission from rinpoche to attend the teachings.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

:popcorn:
heart

Post by heart »

florin wrote:
heart wrote:
florin wrote:
No means no.
That's it.

/magnus
Are you sugesting that he might still say yes to some people who dont have yet stable treckhod ?
I would be curios to see if there is anybody who having not yet fulfilled the requirement they received personal permission from rinpoche to attend the teachings.
He didn't say no to anybody emailing about going to the first Tögal retreat. I (and khroda) did participate in the second Tögal retreat and on the first day Rinpoche said that people had requested him to take part in the retreat even if they didn't attain stability in Trechö because they didn't want to miss the opportunity to get this transmission. He said that was kind of ok if you had a strong connection with him. He also said he didn't really think that all present had stabilised Trechö if I remember correctly.

I really think we should follow Rinpoches wish, to the best of our ability.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
florin

Post by florin »

heart wrote:
florin wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
He didn't say no to anybody emailing about going to the first Tögal retreat. I (and khroda) did participate in the second Tögal retreat and on the first day Rinpoche said that people had requested him to take part in the retreat even if they didn't attain stability in Trechö because they didn't want to miss the opportunity to get this transmission. He said that was kind of ok if you had a strong connection with him. He also said he didn't really think that all present had stabilised Trechö if I remember correctly.

/magnus
People always try to reinterpret and get around injunctions.
I remember that during a webcast from 2 or 3 years ago Rinpoche got quite angry with people trying to always modify, adjust or reinterpret his instructions and he said that if he says "no" that is what it means.And he went on saying some people asked him "yeah, but can i not do it this way or that way." and so on.
So i think that this is one of those situations where people's minds get the better of them and they try to find ways of circumventing the very clear advice .
heart

Post by heart »

florin wrote:
heart wrote:
florin wrote:

/magnus
People always try to reinterpret and get around injunctions.
I remember that during a webcast from 2 or 3 years ago Rinpoche got quite angry with people trying to always modify, adjust or reinterpret his instructions and he said that if he says "no" that is what it means.And he went on saying some people asked him "yeah, but can i not do it this way or that way." and so on.
So i think that this is one of those situations where people's minds get the better of them and they try to find ways of circumventing the very clear advice .
Peoples mind always get the better of them. That is true now and also inte past in Tibet. :smile:

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

davyji

Post by davyji »

Where can i get a "Trekchod Stability" certification?

dave
Working with the raw elements (air earth fire water space)is a process of connecting with the external elements and internalizing their qualities.
Ultimately we can merge with the element. We connect the external quality with the internal quality and then dissolve the distinctions.
Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

The essence of the elements is light
ChNN
Kris

Post by Kris »

heart wrote:

/magnus
Thank you. :namaste:
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
heart

Post by heart »

davyji wrote:Where can i get a "Trekchod Stability" certification?

dave
You can't, you have to know yourself.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Dzogchen”