Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Dronma

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Dronma »

Today ChNN Rinpoche clarified for one more time with the following words exactly that:
"Zen is Sutra teaching.
Dzogchen is part of Vajrayana".

Cheers! :cheers:
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Dronma wrote:Today ChNN Rinpoche clarified for one more time with the following words exactly that:
"Zen is Sutra teaching.
Dzogchen is part of Vajrayana".

Cheers! :cheers:

Yes, of course.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

He gave a lot of the lung empowerments today and I think at one point he said he had transmitted all that was in the Tun and Ganapujas book he was holding.

I thought he had, but to be sure, did I hear that correctly ?
Left
Greg

Post by Greg »

Point of clarification requested. I've read:
Malcolm wrote:
alpha wrote: But does RInpoche ever give pointing out instructions or direct introductions to rigpa as part of a webcast?
Always.
and
Malcolm wrote:
alpha wrote:
Would it be accurate to say that WHATEVER he says is actually pointing out?
Whenever Rinpoche is talking about Dzogchen, he is giving direct introduction.

N

But for webcasts such as this one that didn't include a more formal sems khrid/rig pa'i ngo sprod, is it considered a direct introduction/ww transmission for the purposes of permission to purchase and study books and so forth?
heart

Post by heart »

Yesterday he gave the "Yeshe Zangtal", seems formal enough to me.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Greg wrote: But for webcasts such as this one that didn't include a more formal sems khrid/rig pa'i ngo sprod, is it considered a direct introduction/ww transmission for the purposes of permission to purchase and study books and so forth?
ChNN Rinpoche gave Direct Transmission yesterday with the experience of Emptiness, the famous Yeshe Sangthal.
There are two more methods of Direct Transmission with Clarity and with Sensation.
But Rinpoche does not transmit through them very often. He mostly uses Yeshe Sangthal.
However, the recognition of Rigpa (when happens) is exactly the same through all three of them! :smile:
Greg

Post by Greg »

heart wrote:Yesterday he gave the "Yeshe Zangtal", seems formal enough to me.

/magnus
Thanks. Would be interested in a summary of what was transmitted, if possible. Watched the whole webcast but not really sure what you are talking about.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Dronma wrote:
Greg wrote: But for webcasts such as this one that didn't include a more formal sems khrid/rig pa'i ngo sprod, is it considered a direct introduction/ww transmission for the purposes of permission to purchase and study books and so forth?
ChNN Rinpoche gave Direct Transmission yesterday with the experience of Emptiness, the famous Yeshe Sangthal.
There are two more methods of Direct Transmission with Clarity and with Sensation.
But Rinpoche does not transmit through them very often. He mostly uses Yeshe Sangthal.
However, the recognition of Rigpa (when happens) is exactly the same through all three of them! :smile:
haha there seems to have been no recognition of rigpa on my part
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Greg wrote: Thanks. Would be interested in a summary of what was transmitted, if possible. Watched the whole webcast but not really sure what you are talking about.
Don't worry, relax!
Rinpoche transmits everything again and again always at the end of every retreat.
In 3 days from now a new webcast starts! :smile:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Greg wrote:Point of clarification requested. I've read:
Malcolm wrote:
alpha wrote: But does RInpoche ever give pointing out instructions or direct introductions to rigpa as part of a webcast?
Always.
and
Malcolm wrote:
alpha wrote:
Would it be accurate to say that WHATEVER he says is actually pointing out?
Whenever Rinpoche is talking about Dzogchen, he is giving direct introduction.

N

But for webcasts such as this one that didn't include a more formal sems khrid/rig pa'i ngo sprod, is it considered a direct introduction/ww transmission for the purposes of permission to purchase and study books and so forth?
This webcast contained formal sems khrid/rig pa'i ngo sprod yesterday morning.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Greg wrote: haha there seems to have been no recognition of rigpa on my part
Honesty is a GREAT qualification! ;)
Greg

Post by Greg »

Malcolm wrote: This webcast contained formal sems khrid/rig pa'i ngo sprod yesterday morning.
Thanks - it seems to have . . .not registered, or something. When was that, exactly? Understandable if you don't want to elaborate on public forum.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Greg wrote:
Malcolm wrote: This webcast contained formal sems khrid/rig pa'i ngo sprod yesterday morning.
Thanks - it seems to have . . .not registered, or something. When was that, exactly? Understandable if you don't want to elaborate on public forum.

When he gave transmission in the last 45 minutes of the session.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Malcolm wrote:
Greg wrote:

So the whole episode of explaning how to do the practice with the thigle, then.
Sally Gross

Post by Sally Gross »

oldbob wrote:New info ref Jnnadakini Retreat
For more information about the July 4-10 Jnanadhakini Retreat with Chögyal Namkhai Norbu including link to updated retreat schedule, go to:
http://tsegyalgar.org/localcenters/tseg ... thchoegya/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've checked the link and the times of the teachings. Does anyone know whether or not there are to be webcasts of the teachings and, if there are webcasts, whether those viewing the webcasts in real time will also receive the Jnanadhakini transmissions? No onformation bearing on this seems to be available. In the event that the teachings are promulgated via webcast, I assume that the webcasts will be closed rather than open ones. The question is whether there will be webcasts at all.
Dukkham eva hi, na koci dukkhito,
kaarako na, kiriyaa va vijjati,
atthi nibbuti, na nibbuto pumaa,
maggam atthi, gamako na vijjati

Suffering there certainly is, but no sufferer,
no doer, though certainly the deed is found.
peace is achieved, but no-one's appeased,
the way is walked, but no walker's to be found.

- Visuddhimagga XVI, 90
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

I've made a spreadsheet of all the lungs for the past few sessions, including today's. If anyone would find it useful as a checklist, please PM me your email address.

It follows the list in the mantras book with additions.

There may be a few mistooks so someone casting an experienced eye over it may be useful.

I've assumed that where, as today, he spelled out aspects of the Tuns and Ganapujas related to practices, mantras, deities and protectors, they are OK to accept as lungs.
Left
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

Rinpoche seemed very gentle and sweet today especially when reading and singing. Did this seem new to anyone else or has he always been like that and I didn't notice?
Josef

Post by Josef »

Greg wrote: So the whole episode of explaning how to do the practice with the thigle, then.
That, and every single thing Rinpoche does and says is transmission.
It is not always necessary to have a ritualized symbolic introduction.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Greg

Post by Greg »

Malcolm wrote:
Greg wrote:

What is the best book of his elaborating on this practice?
magnagei

Post by magnagei »

OOps didn't mean to start such a discussion on vegetarianism, just a simple clarification. Anyways.

Anyone know if Rinpoche likes something in particular that may be a good gift? Or maybe where to get a traditional scarf?

Also if this is allowed on a public forum: when doing the experience of emptiness with 6 Ah's, is it eyes open or closed? If this question is inappropriate, please delete, it doesn't seem to specific to me, but I'd hate to break samaya. Thank you.

Return to “Dzogchen”