Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by newbie »

Hi TaTa!
You might be more advanced than I am.
Go to Retreat Resources page and find the pdf for the transmission. If I am not mistaken, it's for Guru Garab Dorje.
Read it, understand it, and be present, relaxed, open minded.
I don't know what else to say. Check the time so you don't miss the transmission!
If it's about vizualization (I did not read anything myself yet) and you're not very good, try to have your resources handy.
Just prepare a little so you have an idea of what will happen.
And then relax! He will do the transmission. :smile:

TaTa

Post by TaTa »

Thanks to everyone who helped
Popcornicus

Post by Popcornicus »

I've been refreshing the live webcast page at http://webcast.dzogchen.net/index.php?id=live-webcast and nothing is happening. Has the webcast not started yet?
Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten »

Did it work eventually, Popcornicus? Maybe try the Restrictive Firewall Stream in the future: http://webcast.dzogchen.net/index.php?id=translations

Transmission is always given at teaching retreats, not just WWT, so keep a look out for the next one.
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
Popcornicus

Post by Popcornicus »

It didn't work. I refreshed the page many times.
daelm

Post by daelm »

Popcornicus wrote:It didn't work. I refreshed the page many times.
Here neither. Cut in eventually during the SoV, and disappeared again for good during the lungs. Been streaming other material during the day yesterday, so doubt it's the connection on this side.

Good to see Rinpoche though, even briefly :D

Post by newbie »

Am sorry to hear it did not work. There is an audio link that one could try.

Thank you!
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Worked fine from where I was. . so it wasn't an issue with the stream from the origin point. Seems like there are a number of potential issues with webcast streams that can arise, but it's beyond me what the causes (or fixes) would be. I am sorry to hear that some people with keen interest were not able to follow the transmission. :consoling:

Hopefully next time there will be no obstacles.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
chimechodra

Post by chimechodra »

Question: I told a friend of mine about the transmission and she tuned in from her computer last night to watch the practice. However, she didn't have much information about what was actually happening, she just watched the webcast and was open/present. Does this "count" for receiving transmission? Or does she need to tune in to the next time it comes about and try to practice along with Rinpoche?
Jbaca

Post by Jbaca »

Indeed she has received Transmission. :buddha1:
chimechodra

Post by chimechodra »

Emaho! :twothumbsup:
swooping

Post by swooping »

I'm curious;
I understand that contemplation and guru yoga is the main point, and not being distracted by various experiences, but is it common to have various psychic experiences during Direct Introduction?

I had some interesting experiences, that may have been from the group setting (I've been doing thuns and lojong daily, but haven't experienced much group practice), or may have been an overactive imagination.

Again, not the main point, Not even all THAT interesting when compared to tummo experiences, but something (the novelty of it?) did actually seem to help deepen contemplation.
When I look inside and see that I am nothing, that is wisdom When I look outside and see that I am everything,that is love. And between these two, my life turns.
– Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat
- Ben Hecht
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

swooping wrote:I'm curious;
I understand that contemplation and guru yoga is the main point, and not being distracted by various experiences, but is it common to have various psychic experiences during Direct Introduction?

I had some interesting experiences, that may have been from the group setting (I've been doing thuns and lojong daily, but haven't experienced much group practice), or may have been an overactive imagination.

Again, not the main point, Not even all THAT interesting when compared to tummo experiences, but something (the novelty of it?) did actually seem to help deepen contemplation.
Is it common? Probably not, but all kinds of strange things can happen along the path, especially as we develop our insight and clarity. The advice often given is to keep any 'special' experiences to yourself since it's our tendency to reify special experiences and attach fixed meanings to them, despite their transitory,situational and conditioned nature. You have a nice experience or a 'nyam' and then immediately you grasp at it's potential recurrence instead of putting the main points in to practice.

As you said, certain experiences [nyams] can help deepen your practice and confidence in the teachings and thus the teacher so they're whether they're helpful or harmful , or a combination of both depends on how they're understood and related to.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Jbaca

Post by Jbaca »

:thanks: A Q about membership
Does the community make any contact with new members just curious did get a paypal receipt :smile:

Post by newbie »

I start seeing the transmission in its real light.
Thank you Malcolm & smcj for your comments! (on a topic that is locked now.)
I use these as guiding references for my understanding.
The anniversary was worth every bit of preparation. :namaste:
Jampa Rinchen

Practicing Together

Post by Jampa Rinchen »

It is nice to practice with the world community..Practicing Together - Mandarava Ganapuja

Practicing Together - Mandarava Ganapuja

Dear Friends,

here is the info about our next practice together webcast dedicated to the long life of our Master and to the development of Dzamling Gar.

March 23 - 19:30 (GMT+8h)

Mandarava Ganapuja

(with some additional Jigme Limpa Ganapuja*).

The practice will be lead through Webcast from Namdrolling (Singapore).

WEBCAST Link:
http://webcast.dzogchen.net/index.php?i ... g-together

We kindly ask you to share this message with your local Community and also please try to organise it in order to follow it together.

Thanks for your collaboration.

All the best!

Practice Together Team 2016

* Please note: as it has been scheduled at the end of a working day, the practice will however not include Namkha and Lungtha.
chimechodra

Post by chimechodra »

Hi all, small question: Is it appropriate to do naggong without a bell by yourself? Are there any mudras you can do to replace the bell?
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Does anyonr know if its ok for thr 6 Lokas practice to be integrated with the short Tun rather than the medium tun ?

Bonus questions:

Additional questions mirror those found in this thread'

http://vajracakra.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=874&start=70
Hey all! I know this is a really old thread but I figured rather than make a new thread just for this practice we could just keep this one going. I have a couple of questions:

1. Regarding putting this practice into a structure: The Medium Thun is still a little overwhelming for me (plus I lack all the ritual implements to go through it all), and was hoping to integrate it into the Short Thun. Can anyone confirm if it's appropriate to insert after Refuge and Guru Yoga, right before SOV? Or could you even just do 9 breaths, purification mantra, refuge, 3 AGY, PoSL, SOV, and dedicate the merits? The only two versions of the practice I have access to are the Precious Vase version and the "Teachings on Lojongs, Rushens, and Semdzins" version.

2. Is it appropriate to go through all six lokas in one practice session? In the Precious Vase there is the recommendation for 700,000 recitations. Do yo have to do 100,000 for the deva loka before continuing forward, or can you spend some time on each one in each sit? Does the same go for the "Teachings on Lojongs, Rushens, and Semdzins" version of the practice?

3. For the "Teachings on Lojongs, Rushens, and Semdzins" version, is it necessary to do the ramp-up in one individual session as described in the second to last paragraph on the bottom of page 60? Or can you spend equal time on each one within one practice session? Since I have a pretty limited amount of time to practice most days, I was wondering if I could maybe just spent 10 minutes on each loka, or if there's a more appropriate way to structure the practice.

4. Do you need to physically sound the syllables for the lokas as you visualize them, or just the purification mantra?

Hopefully none of the above is revealing too much, or needs editing!
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Kris

Post by Kris »

Will the upcoming Tsa-lung retreat be on webcast? Will it be closed?
I unfortunately do not have sufficient funds to renew my membership at the moment, but I have donated and purchased books to contribute this year.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Rakz

Post by Rakz »

Anyone know the next transmission for GY practice?

Return to “Dzogchen”