Guru Dragpur practice

spanda

Guru Dragpur practice

Post by spanda »

I am a beginner in this field, and I have a silly question..

I I want to do the practice of Guru Dragpur (Tragphur) (I received this teachings from Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche) for a friend. How exactly should I do this?
I should practice for that person, with this in mind, or, at the final of the practice, I should empower water with the mantra and use that water instead? How is the best way to help someone with Guru Dragpur practice?
Last edited by spanda on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Guru Dragpur for someone else

Post by kirtu »

spanda wrote:I am a beginner in this field, and I have a silly question..

I I want to do the practice of Guru Dragpur (Tragphur) (I received this teachings from Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche) for someone else. How exactly should I do this?
I should practice for that person, with this in mind, or, at the final of the practice, I should empower water with the mantra and use that water instead? How is the best way to help someone with Guru Dragpur practice?
Follow NhNR's recommendations on the matter.

You can also do the practice and dedicate it for all beings and for the person you have in mind in particular (so the practice is for all beings and esp. the person you have in mind).

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Return to “Dzogchen”