Long Life Prayer for ChNN?

Rinchen Dorje

Long Life Prayer for ChNN?

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

I dont remember which thread it was on but I do remember someone saying that there is a long life prayer for ChNN. If anyone has it and could post it I would be very appreciative.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Pema Rigdzin

Re: Long Life Prayer for ChNN?

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Ditto.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

It does exist a Long Life Invocation for all masters in the "Tun" booklet ...

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
simhanada

Post by simhanada »

As Sonam says, there is a long life invocation for the masters in the Tun book. Rinpoche has said that he would rather his students use this rather than any long life prayer said directly for him and has said that its his feeling that if his students do their practices seriously then he will have a long life.
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Gotcha.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Cool
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

I've seen at least two shab-tens for ChNNR. The one I use on a daily basis is:

By the blessing power of the Three Jewels and all of the mandalas in one
And by that of the Three Roots and the ocean of Dharmapalas,
May the lotus feet of the tamers of beings, Namkhai Norbu, be secure
And may His great aim for the Teaching and beings be accomplished without obstacles.

As for a general long-life prayer for all Gurus together, I like this one written by the previous Dzongsar Khyentse:

Om Swasti
The primordial, all-pervasive nature of mind is beyond the changes of birth and death.
By this truth, may the lives of the non-sectarian protectors of the Teaching and beings remain steaqdfast,
And, by means of the unceasing ornament of the five times five aspects of Your Buddha activity,
May You shake all beings from the ocean of samsara.

I was taught that saying long-life prayers for the Gurus not only extends Their lives in this world but also extends the life of the person who says them. With my Root Guru, we never did any beneficial action no matter how small without 1) dedicating the merit, 2) saying the Teachers' shab-tens, and 3) saying at least a couple-few general aspiration prayers. Sometimes this felt very repetitive and pro forma. However, I have to say, that this practice has stood me in good stead these last four decades and more. In fact, I find myself saying more and more mon-lam, not less and less. But then that's just me.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Pero

Post by Pero »

pemachophel wrote:I've seen at least two shab-tens for ChNNR. The one I use on a daily basis is:

And may His great aim for the Teaching and beings be accomplished without obstacles.
Thanks a lot for sharing! Do you know what is the source of it? And do you still remember the other one too hehe?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
username

Post by username »

pemachophel wrote:I've seen at least two shab-tens for ChNNR. The one I use on a daily basis is:

As for a general long-life prayer for all Gurus together, I like this one written by the previous Dzongsar Khyentse:

Om Swasti
The primordial, all-pervasive nature of mind is beyond the changes of birth and death.
By this truth, may the lives of the non-sectarian protectors of the Teaching and beings remain steaqdfast,
And, by means of the unceasing ornament of the five times five aspects of Your Buddha activity,
May You shake all beings from the ocean of samsara.

I was taught that saying long-life prayers for the Gurus not only extends Their lives in this world but also extends the life of the person who says them. With my Root Guru, we never did any beneficial action no matter how small without 1) dedicating the merit, 2) saying the Teachers' shab-tens, and 3) saying at least a couple-few general aspiration prayers. Sometimes this felt very repetitive and pro forma. However, I have to say, that this practice has stood me in good stead these last four decades and more. In fact, I find myself saying more and more mon-lam, not less and less. But then that's just me.
Excellent post by excellent practitioner benefiting beings constantly too.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Gyalpo

Post by Gyalpo »

I do have a long life prayer for ChNN from one lama, if I remeber from some himalayan monastery in Nepal. Tomorrow I will scan it and post it here.
Gyalpo

Post by Gyalpo »

see attachment:
Attachments
1_001.jpg
1_001.jpg (292.95 KiB) Viewed 4651 times
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Thanks Gyalpo!
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Bump this
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Fa Dao wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:54 pm I dont remember which thread it was on but I do remember someone saying that there is a long life prayer for ChNN. If anyone has it and could post it I would be very appreciative.
Rinpoche has always been against having prayers composed for him

Instead, he says, one should do for all teachers.
Sönam wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:05 am It does exist a Long Life Invocation for all masters in the "Tun" booklet ...

Sönam
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

From the DC recently re. 21st May - GURUYOGA:

Rinpoche has spent the last decades repeating tirelessly that the essential practice to do is to be in Guruyoga.

Months ago, in Dzamling Gar some people asked Rinpoche what practice we can do for Him, and He said to not worry about Him and do Guruyoga and your personal practice in the best way.

We have to remember that, and to be Present - it is very important for us as practitioners. If we really want to look after Rinpoche, we have to listen to Him.

When we do Guruyoga, we are Present and we keep our Samaya pure. We know very well that our Samaya is also related to Rinpoche's health. When we break our Samaya we can create disturbances for Him. We really need to develop our ability to be in a state of Guruyoga, so then all the practices that we apply can certainly work.
Last edited by Mantrik on Tue May 22, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Tongnyid Dorje

Post by Tongnyid Dorje »

I just started to use this one when Khandro Sangyum Kamala visited my place:

http://www.lotsawahouse.org/tibetan-mas ... u-rinpoche
Josef

Post by Josef »

Mantrik wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm From the DC recently re. 21st May - GURUYOGA:

Rinpoche has spent the last decades repeating tirelessly that the essential practice to do is to be in Guruyoga.

Months ago, in Dzamling Gar some people asked Rinpoche what practice we can do for Him, and He said to not worry about Him and do Guruyoga and your personal practice in the best way.

We have to remember that, and to be Present - it is very important for us as practitioners. If we really want to look after Rinpoche, we have to listen to Him.

When we do Guruyoga, we are Present and we keep our Samaya pure. We know very well that our Samaya is also related to Rinpoche's health. When we break our Samaya we can create disturbances for Him. We really need to develop our ability to be in a state of Guruyoga, so then all the practices that we apply can certainly work.
This.

Rinpoche has repeatedly, over decades implored his students to practice guru yoga and collaborate with one another rather than seek out elaborate practices and prayers.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Josef wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:56 pm
Mantrik wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm From the DC recently re. 21st May - GURUYOGA:

This.

Rinpoche has repeatedly, over decades implored his students to practice guru yoga and collaborate with one another rather than seek out elaborate practices and prayers.
I don't find this prayer very elaborate. For me its a concise way of arousing devotion.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Lukeinaz wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:58 pm
Josef wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:56 pm

This.

I don't find this prayer very elaborate. For me its a concise way of arousing devotion.
I wasnt saying this particular prayer was elaborate.
I was commenting on how we tend to gravitate toward adding on complexity rather than following the advice of the teacher.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa

Return to “Dzogchen”