mudras

dakini_boi

mudras

Post by dakini_boi »

If someone knows ChNNR's mudras for the transmission, could you please pm me? I have the worldwide transmission book, and he describes them somewhat, but I just want to clarify some things. I think if I order the DVD, I may not get it in time for the transmission. Thank you.
dakini_boi

Re: mudras

Post by dakini_boi »

I haven't heard from anyone. . . I am fully prepared for the transmission, with the exception of some of the mudras - so if anyone would like to help me out, I would appreciate it very much.
mint

Post by mint »

If you find out, let me know, please.
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

Doesn't it show the mudras in the video?
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

What is essential for the transmission is your participation. The visualisations and mudras are non-essential, and secondary, though helpful, in my opinion.

Kevin
Josef

Post by Josef »

If you order the Tun Book it has the mudras.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
mint

Post by mint »

Jeez, Dzogchen is good business.

Get a bunch of people initiated so they buy the mandatory books and DVDs.
Josef

Post by Josef »

mint wrote:Jeez, Dzogchen is good business.

Not really.
Its just that so few people actually make the information available.
There is nothing mandatory about the materials, or the mudras for that matter.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

dakini_boi wrote:If someone knows ChNNR's mudras for the transmission, could you please pm me? I have the worldwide transmission book, and he describes them somewhat, but I just want to clarify some things. I think if I order the DVD, I may not get it in time for the transmission. Thank you.
All mudras are in the Guru Yoga book (and in the Tun book too) ... what's wrong with them (in few discreet words) ?

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

mint wrote:Jeez, Dzogchen is good business.

Nothing is mandatory. You can attend webcasts freely and buy nothing at all.
Now, if one is interested about deepening a certain teaching, one can buy books and booklets, DVD and CD, you name it. It depends on our interest.
Having such a wealth of material available, practically about any teaching, is just fantastic. Unless you are quite rich and can follow the lama everywhere, you'll find that having such amount of material to purchase is extremely useful. :smile:

Best wishes!
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

Sönam wrote:
dakini_boi wrote:If someone knows ChNNR's mudras for the transmission, could you please pm me? I have the worldwide transmission book, and he describes them somewhat, but I just want to clarify some things. I think if I order the DVD, I may not get it in time for the transmission. Thank you.
All mudras are in the Guru Yoga book (and in the Tun book too) ... what's wrong with them (in few discreet words) ?

Sönam
The books I have don't have the mudras. Those books are Concise Experiential Instructions on the Short Thun as a Daily Practice for the Dzogchen Community and Dzogchen Empowerments by Chogyal Namkhai Norbu.

That's ok, I got some help from a dharma brother, and I realize that the mudras are not totally essential.

Return to “Dzogchen”