Yeah, Dzogchen is confusing

muni

Re: Yeah, Dzogchen is confusing

Post by muni »

There is no good Dharmakaya master or no bad one. Thinking mind sees merely named ones( graspable) who are getting an idea-stamp of "correct Dharmakaya". Bam!

My mind want sensations, special effects, something wow graspable while Dzogchen master shows how elaborations are free. Nature of Mind is not complicated, rather opposite. But this is difficult for my thinking mind, what don't want to give up.

A Dharmakaya master showing a handful air/space in which all phenomena are free, is not selling it for gold or firework.

Still general teaching is needful.
“We are each living in our own soap opera. We do not see things as they really are. We see only our interpretations. This is because our minds are always so busy...But when the mind calms down, it becomes clear. This mental clarity enables us to see things as they really are, instead of projecting our commentary on everything.” Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bg9jOYnEUA
robaire

Post by robaire »

it's confusing because you're placing trust in language, not feelings.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

robaire wrote:it's confusing because you're placing trust in language, not feelings.
Putting one's faith in one's feelings would be better than trusting language? You quite sure here?
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

treehuggingoctopus wrote:
robaire wrote:it's confusing because you're placing trust in language, not feelings.
Putting one's faith in one's feelings would be better than trusting language? You quite sure here?
would'nt it be better to feel the language?

Sônam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
muni

Post by muni »

You possible mean in words and not remaining "experience" (sorry, if misunderstood)

When we read/write words, in whatever which language, we can get a powerful experience and we are completely disappeared in that, but as soon as the words are vanished, the experience as well is fading. We can continue so whole life long reading and reading and at the end when we seem to change bodies, leave empty handed as no text we can take with us.

"Intellectual investigations can continue endlessly and fruitlessly like a small bird that flies off the ship in the middle of the ocean in an attempt to find sky's limit. The sky is so vast that the bird will tire and have no choice but to return to the ship failing to accomplish its goal. Similarly we will never find an end to mental fabrications".

Therefore we must direct our very heart to the Guru to melt in devotion-compassion-insight.
“We are each living in our own soap opera. We do not see things as they really are. We see only our interpretations. This is because our minds are always so busy...But when the mind calms down, it becomes clear. This mental clarity enables us to see things as they really are, instead of projecting our commentary on everything.” Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo.
muni

Post by muni »

Sönam wrote:
treehuggingoctopus wrote:
would'nt it be better to feel the language?

Sônam
"feel" the meaning?
Reminds me at the four reliances to avoid misunderstanding like "clinging" to "a" solid Guru out there.

Do not rely on the individual, rely on the Dharma.
Do not rely on the words, rely on the meaning.
Do not rely on the apparent meaning, rely on the definite meaning.
Do not rely on consciousness, rely on primordial wisdom.
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

pre-verbal thought... thinking through events using images/mental pictures without use of words. or, thinking with feelings, not words... both can be experienced as unique and effective.

best wishes, Tom.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.

Return to “Dzogchen”