Yantra Yoga - 2 DVDs set

Lhug-Pa

Re: Yantra Yoga - 2 DVDs set

Post by Lhug-Pa »

I've got the DVD's, which don't show all the Pranayamas, and since I don't have the book Yantra Yoga on me (and don't want to wait to be able to buy it or for it to come back into circulation at my local library); out of the three 'preliminary' practices of Tsigjong, Lungsang, and Tsadul, only Tsadul has a Pranayama practice with it, correct?

The Tsadul Pranayama is shown in the Google-Books preview, however the Lungsang section is not shown in the preview at all; and I don't want to skip the Lungsang Pranayama if there is one (which I don't think there is)....
florin

Post by florin »

does anybody know what is happening to yantrayoga website?

I ve tried to access it several times in the past week but the link doesnt seem to work and it cant be found by google search anymore.

www.­yantrayoga.­org
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

alpha wrote:does anybody know what is happening to yantrayoga website?

I ve tried to access it several times in the past week but the link doesn't seem to work and it cant be found by google search anymore.

www.­yantrayoga.­org
Their website is down /hung up.

Try:

http://yoga-tibetano.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a translator button, 2/3 down the page.

The Yantra Yoga DVD's and books are in the public section of the SSI bookstore.

http://www.shangshungstore.org/index.ph ... etail&p=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.shangshungstore.org/index.ph ... tail&p=433" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't believe that any transmissions / permissions are required.

It is nice that these teachings are available to all.

My permission to learn Tsa Lung was obtained in full prostration from HH Dudjom Rinpoche and was begrudged by some of his entourage.

ChNNr has been teaching the Yantra Yoga and Pranayama's in the West since at least 1980.

It is truly wonderful that these are available on the highest quality DVD.

Thank you Fabio and Laura and the production crew.

Thank you ChNNR.

May the Dzogchen Masters live long, in good health and with success in all things.
Xango

Post by Xango »

Lhug-Pa wrote:I've got the DVD's, which don't show all the Pranayamas, and since I don't have the book Yantra Yoga on me (and don't want to wait to be able to buy it or for it to come back into circulation at my local library); out of the three 'preliminary' practices of Tsigjong, Lungsang, and Tsadul, only Tsadul has a Pranayama practice with it, correct?

The Tsadul Pranayama is shown in the Google-Books preview, however the Lungsang section is not shown in the preview at all; and I don't want to skip the Lungsang Pranayama if there is one (which I don't think there is)....
Hi,

from the 3 preliminaries only Tsadul has Pranayama. Lungsang doesn't have. Also the 9 breathings are Pranayama, Yantra starts allways with them. So you can start :thumbsup:

Anyhow, it is good to practice also with an instructor when you get the opportunity, as he can see some faults in you movements you are not aware of. Yantra is quite subtle work and pushing too much with such small faults could cause more conditioning. So from my limited experience I can sujest you to start with the practice in a soft way and to look or at least to aspire to receive instructions in person.

Regards
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Thank you Oldbob and Xango.

Yes I finally got a hold of the book again from the library (hope to buy it soon), and saw that.

And the videos—which I did buy already—have an excellent demonstration of Tsigjong, Lungsang, and Tsadul; and also the Pranayama of The Four Profound Applications, which is sufficient for at least achieving Minor Kumbhaka.

This being said, I'll progress slowly one series at a time, and aspire to receive in-person training eventually; and perform the Vajra Wave after every session in order to fix any possible mistakes.

Best Regards :anjali:

Return to “Dzogchen”