Ground of Being

heart

Re: Ground of Being

Post by heart »

gad rgyangs wrote:
heart wrote:
"Likewise, no ignorance exist in the ground, yet ignorance naturally arise from the aspect of what manifested as compassion."

/magnus
exactly.

right :smile:

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

gad rgyangs wrote:
heart wrote:
"Likewise, no ignorance exist in the ground, yet ignorance naturally arise from the aspect of what manifested as compassion."

/magnus
exactly.

Yes, since that aspect was not recognized, but compassion does not arise as ignorance otherwise, ignorance would be intrinsic to the ground, and it is not. For example, the five lights do not arise as the five elements, but since the display of the basis was not recognized, the five elements are effectively arise through the non-recognition of the five lights.
heart

Post by heart »

Namdrol wrote:
gad rgyangs wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
exactly.

Yes, since that aspect was not recognized, but compassion does not arise as ignorance otherwise, ignorance would be intrinsic to the ground, and it is not. For example, the five lights do not arise as the five elements, but since the display of the basis was not recognized, the five elements are effectively arise through the non-recognition of the five lights.
Exactly, I think that is clear from my quote as well.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote:

/magnus

yup
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote:

/magnus

yup
gad rgyangs

Post by gad rgyangs »

you do realize Magnus that no one here ever said there was ignorance in the ground, right?
Thoroughly tame your own mind.
This is (possibly) the teaching of Buddha.

"I must finally conclude that this proposition, I am, I exist, is necessarily true whenever it is put forward by me or conceived in my mind."
- Descartes, 2nd Meditation 25
heart

Post by heart »

gad rgyangs wrote:you do realize Magnus that no one here ever said there was ignorance in the ground, right?
Well, what can I say, I must obviously misunderstand what your point is. :smile:

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

gad rgyangs

Post by gad rgyangs »

heart wrote:
gad rgyangs wrote:you do realize Magnus that no one here ever said there was ignorance in the ground, right?
Well, what can I say, I must obviously misunderstand what your point is. :smile:

/magnus
exactly.
Thoroughly tame your own mind.
This is (possibly) the teaching of Buddha.

"I must finally conclude that this proposition, I am, I exist, is necessarily true whenever it is put forward by me or conceived in my mind."
- Descartes, 2nd Meditation 25
heart

Post by heart »

gad rgyangs wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
exactly.
So try to express it better then?

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

krodha

Post by krodha »

Wait so what's the controversy?! I know there's no way everyone is agreeing right now... If that were to happen the Internet might violently implode inwards upon itself infinitely, swallowing the universe.
Jax

Post by Jax »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:Each and every phenomenon one could ever think of is dependently originated--we impute singular "thingness" onto "things" which are really aggregations of multiple parts and causes and conditions, and each of those parts are likewise aggregations of multiple parts and causes and conditions, ad infinitum... No thing can be found anywhere that exists by the power of its own essence, made up only of itself, with no dependence on anything else. That being the case--that is, since all phenomena depend for their conventional "existence" on our imputing "thingness" and existence onto them--where can one find anything at all to have begin to exist, endured for a time, and then disintegrated?

At the same time, despite this emptiness, where can one find any cause at all that fails to bear a result, and who can be found that doesn't experience samsara as the Buddha said we do?
Very nice Pema! Very well explicated... :bow:

Return to “Dzogchen”