The Marvellous Primordial State.

Ekayano

The Marvellous Primordial State.

Post by Ekayano »

The Marvellous Primordial State is what it is, but it is also the title of a book to be published by Shang Shung Publications this summer. It is a translation of a tibetan text done by a group of translators under the supervision of CNN. I found the excerpts from the book so marvellous that I decided a donation to sponsor the book would be a fine thing to do. Info on the book, and the link for sponsoring it can be be found on the Shang Shung Publications homepage.
I have never heard of this text before, and the author is not mentioned, so it would be interesting with some more info. :twothumbsup:
Sönam

Re: The Marvellous Primordial State.

Post by Sönam »

0 results found for "The Marvellous Primordial State"

No products found matching the search criteria.

:popcorn:
Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Thanks for mentioning this Ekayano. I just made a small donation to sponsor the book as well.

If others wish to:

http://www.shangshungpublications.org/2 ... ial-state/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Ekayano

Post by Ekayano »

Thanks Mr.G, for putting up the link. I must admit that I do not have the technical knowledge to do that. Looking forward to getting the book.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Ok, now I get the page, thank you for the link ... I also made a small donation.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Pero

Post by Pero »

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4972 :tongue:

Been waiting for this to get published for a long time, they keep moving the date.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Post by Pero »

Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
nameless

Post by nameless »

How many pages is the book? It is not mentioned any where? Regards
Pero

Post by Pero »

nameless wrote:How many pages is the book? It is not mentioned any where? Regards
No idea. I will tell you sometime next week when I should get it, unless someone else gets it first or already has it.
- Shabkar
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Mine's in the post... :smile:
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Looks to be around 200 pages I guess?

phpBB [video]
- Shabkar
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

285 pages in total. Got my copy today.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Is the Tibetan text included?
- Shabkar
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

No, only English translation. Basically foreword, preface, introduction, the Mejung Tantra itself, three appendices, notes, bibliography, and key terms in Tibetan and Sanskrit.
nameless

Post by nameless »

So how marvelous is the book? Any comment?
Regards
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Is there a USA distributor for this book? Not on Amazon yet.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
Karma Dorje

Post by Karma Dorje »

Will wrote:Is there a USA distributor for this book? Not on Amazon yet.
Should be available from the Shang Shung USA store in a couple weeks I have been told.
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Karma Dorje wrote:
Will wrote:Is there a USA distributor for this book? Not on Amazon yet.
Should be available from the Shang Shung USA store in a couple weeks I have been told.
I went to that site and it was not even mentioned or pre-orderable... :meditate:
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Norwegian wrote:No, only English translation. Basically foreword, preface, introduction, the Mejung Tantra itself, three appendices, notes, bibliography, and key terms in Tibetan and Sanskrit.
Bummer. Although on the other hand, it would get more expensive with that included.
padma norbu wrote:
Seems just a wee tad bit expensive, but I guess that explains this...
It's not cheap but I don't think it's expensive either, seems about right to me. I actually wouldn't have been surprised if they had made it more expensive.
- Shabkar
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

thread closed for cleanup

Return to “Dzogchen”