About the ngondro

Kaung

About the ngondro

Post by Kaung »

Hi guys,
I'm interested in starting my Ngondro but I don't have any center or lama near me to do the transmission So if you have contact of such a lama who is doing over skype or webcast would you kindly give it to me?I know specific nyingma Ngondro texts like Dudjom Tersar Ngondro and Namcho Ngondro(palyul nyingma ngondro?) require lung while other practices do not I think the best way to join the program at www.vajrayana.org
With best regards
narraboth

Re: About the ngondro

Post by narraboth »

Hi, I don't think there are Ngondro that 'do not' require rlung.

Ideally people should receive empowerment before doing ngondro, as guru yoga section contains empowerment practice which would be much more meaningful when the practitioners have received actual empowerment from a real lama as the base of this special practice.

Without rlung or wang, people might still be able to 'practice' ngondro, but I doubt it will have the same effect. Basically the object you do guru yoga to is your guru, in form of whatever text tell you to visualise; when you don't really have a link with any living guru, it would be quite different.

Anyway, try to get any kind of permission from a lama near you. Or try to ask if any lama is willing to do rlung through phone or skype.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

What Narraboth said.

:namaste:
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Tsultrim T.

Post by Tsultrim T. »

What general area are you in?
Kaung

Post by Kaung »

Guru yoga
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

No, Tsultrim means where are you located? Where do you live?
Kaung

Post by Kaung »

He he :rolling: I misinterpreted that!I live in Burma tooooo far from any lama for me to meet in person!They have centers in Singapore Thailand Malaysia and even Vietnam but none here !I'm out of my mind now! :woohoo:
Tsultrim T.

Post by Tsultrim T. »

Hi Kaung,
That is what I was wondering, where you were located geographically. Do you have access to any kind of mobile or internet chat application? If so I might be able to connect you with a Lama to give you a reading transmission. Otherwise I know of one Tulku who usually visits Burma once a year but he just left for Russia for a while. In the meantime, the transmission is not completely necessary to start the ngondro.
Kaung

Post by Kaung »

Tsultrim T. wrote:Hi Kaung,
That is what I was wondering, where you were located geographically. Do you have access to any kind of mobile or internet chat application? If so I might be able to connect you with a Lama to give you a reading transmission. Otherwise I know of one Tulku who usually visits Burma once a year but he just left for Russia for a while. In the meantime, the transmission is not completely necessary to start the ngondro.
I do have a skype account Do you think it's possible to find a lama?
KonchokZoepa

Post by KonchokZoepa »

i have one lama on the drikung kagyu on my Skype but he's never online.

i also have another Drikung Kagyu monk on my Skype but we just talk about life and my progress rather than he teaching me, i can ask the active one if he can give teachings or is authorized but i doubt that he can give any empowerments on Skype. for that you should participate on Garchen Rinpoche's webcast empowerments.
If the thought of demons
Never rises in your mind,
You need not fear the demon hosts around you.
It is most important to tame your mind within....

In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither buddhas or demons.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
Samsara will then appear as the mahamudra itself….

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6P9tOYmdo
theanarchist

Post by theanarchist »

Kaung wrote:He he :rolling: I misinterpreted that!I live in Burma tooooo far from any lama for me to meet in person!They have centers in Singapore Thailand Malaysia and even Vietnam but none here !I'm out of my mind now! :woohoo:
You could travel to Nepal. That's not so far from Burma and there might even be cheap buses if you can invest a little time.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

What about Assam? Or Bhutan? Closer than Nepal.

Tsultrim T.

Post by Tsultrim T. »

Kaung,
I will ask one of my Dudjom Tersar Lama friends with Skype if he is willing to read the transmission on Skype for you.
KZK

Post by KZK »

I am also interested in recieving wang for the Dudjom Tersar Ngondro. Please let me know if any lamas can Skype it.
Tsultrim T.

Post by Tsultrim T. »

KZK, where are you located?
Kaung

Post by Kaung »

Tsultrim T. wrote:Kaung,
I will ask one of my Dudjom Tersar Lama friends with Skype if he is willing to read the transmission on Skype for you.
How's it going? :jumping:
theanarchist

Post by theanarchist »

pemachophel wrote:What about Assam? Or Bhutan? Closer than Nepal.

Yeah, Chimed Rigdzin Rinpoche's monastery is in Siliguri. And Kangyur Rinpoches monastery is in Darjeeling. Both are no longer alive but their monasteries keep up the tradition.

Return to “Nyingma”