Nyingma Kama Wangs Started Today!

Yeti

Re: Nyingma Kama Wangs Started Today!

Post by Yeti »

http://www.rangjung.com/gl/Kabgye.htm

The Kagye also exists within the Rangjung Peme Nyingthik, even though it is not mentioned here http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?titl ... 9_Nyingtik, but it is mentioned here http://www.lotusspeech.ca/lineages/dilg ... teachings/
"People are fond of saying all sorts of things about others behind their backs, mentioning their names again and again. Instead of slandering others in this way, “slander” the yidam: utter his name repeatedly by reciting his mantra all the time." - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Zurchungpa’s Testament - Shambhala Publications
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I was under the impression that the Kama WAS the Nyingma Gyu Bum, to a very large extent. :shrug:

See this: http://www.rangjung.com/gl/Nyingma_Gyubum.htm

Within the Mahayoga level, it seems there are two sections--the Gyu De and Drup De. Possibly the Kagye given during the Kama is from the Drup De, I don't know.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Well, here's something interesting...
http://blog.tbrc.org/the-nyingma-kama-collections/
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

conebeckham wrote:I was under the impression that the Kama WAS the Nyingma Gyu Bum, to a very large extent. :shrug:

See this: http://www.rangjung.com/gl/Nyingma_Gyubum.htm

Within the Mahayoga level, it seems there are two sections--the Gyu De and Drup De. Possibly the Kagye given during the Kama is from the Drup De, I don't know.
Yes, this is right, some get mixed up why Garab Dorje would
be called the first to hold all these things, but when one considers
he was the first human being (this realm) to be given the tantras
from Vajrasattva directly, then practitioners might understand that
he was the first human being to have all these thousands of tantras.

The other quote you gave for TBRC I also gave in the other Kamma thread
which I can't find right now because the search isn't working. Guess the
idea of starting a new thread means that the posts given from the other
thread might get repeated.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

conebeckham wrote:Well, here's something interesting...
http://blog.tbrc.org/the-nyingma-kama-collections/
The Kathog edition also contains the 6 commentaries by Vimalamitra on six of the Dzogchen Tantras that Malcolm mentioned before.
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

Yudron wrote:Cool! Thank you.

Who gives the wangs from the Gyudbum?
Dalai Lama confers Kagye initiation at Chimey Gatseling Monastery 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t3P2E3Ep38

I like how the monks are carrying out all those pechas, with all the
volumes that contain the Kagye.

It reminds me of something in my own experience with Gyudbum
and answers your question in a kind of interesting way.

When His Holiness Dudjom Rinpoche's Sangyum gave these
same empowerments for a small group at Tashi Choling she did the
same thing, taking the pechas on trays and actually having the
trays placed on practitioners heads. Gyatrul Rinpoche said to me
that she never does this kind of thing, and that it was very rare.
She also took all the collected works that Dudjom Rinpoche brought
together, 100's of texts from the Kamma and Gyud Bum, and placed those
texts on our head on trays like this. This went on for about three or
four hours, she not only did this with the pechas she also was ringing
the bell and giving mantras (condensed) continuously throughout.

From what I could tell this was a very direct dawong but for multiple
texts of the lineage all at once.

Maybe Yudron & pracitioners would like to know that such a thing happened from
a very accomplished Yoginni Dudjom's Sangyum gave empowerments
this way at Tashi Choling, unannounced, spontaneously to a small group
of about 12 people. Sometimes teachers convey the blessings and transmission
of the lineage in a very direct abbreviated form, this too is indispensible
for a practitioner because all these tantras, mantras, do not work
without transmission.

Another good reason for those that want to go to the Kamma if you have the opportunity.
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

Nice!

I have have that kind of poti wang for all these texts and, but I attend these kind of programs for blessings and education.
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

We finished the anuyoga wangs of the Dupa Do (the root tantra of anuyoga) today, after having been granted every level through Mahayoga previously. These were very complicated empowerments, and had visualizations related to one's anatomy. Then we had the Dzogchen empowerment from the Dupa Do. Then he read a section of the empowerment text related to the subtle anatomy in Dzogrim, the wheels and channels, that was not translated.

For those of use who really want to know what the term Anuyoga meant way back then, there was only slight illumination. :thinking:
heart

Post by heart »

So next there is the wangs of Semde, Longde and Mengakde. Receiving these in the Dam Ngak Dzö in the early nineties was a life changing experience for me. So, have a great time!

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

heart wrote:So next there is the wangs of Semde, Longde and Mengakde. Receiving these in the Dam Ngak Dzö in the early nineties was a life changing experience for me. So, have a great time!

/magnus
If I just stay awake, I will feel victorious.
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

Yudron wrote:
heart wrote:So next there is the wangs of Semde, Longde and Mengakde. Receiving these in the Dam Ngak Dzö in the early nineties was a life changing experience for me. So, have a great time!

/magnus
If I just stay awake, I will feel victorious.
Rinpoche gave a couple more hours of seemingly Dzogchen-related empowerments from the Dupa Do this AM. Then there was a surprise enthronement of 18 Tulku Dorje, who is the rebirth of Gyatrul Rinpoche's teacher (?), studies at Mindrolling, and is an American citizen who looks to be Tibetan. I've never seen an enthronement before, it was very positive.

Then Rinpoche started, but did not finish the 16 empowerments of Dzogchen Semde. It was me personal favorite day so far.
heart

Post by heart »

So Yudron, did you drown in the waves of wisdom of the Ati empowerment's?

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

heart wrote:So Yudron, did you drown in the waves of wisdom of the Ati empowerment's?

/magnus
Maybe on some other time-space continuum. But on this plane... I was cranky and tired.

More time was spent on many protector empowerments than menagde. Several of the protector empowerments seemed to have samayas of doing offerings specifically to that specific one every day. I am checking through my daily Dharmapalas practice to be sure they are included. Specifically, there was a lot manifestations of Nam to se (Vaishravana), which the translators were mishearing and translating as Vasudhara, in addition to the Ma-Za-Dor Sum (that you would expect.)
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Yudron wrote:Then there was a surprise enthronement of 18 Tulku Dorje, who is the rebirth of Gyatrul Rinpoche's teacher (?), studies at Mindrolling, and is an American citizen who looks to be Tibetan.
Yup, he's the rebirth of Rinpoche's root lama, Natsog Rangdrol, one of the Dudjom emanations. And yup, he's ethnically Tibetan. His very nice parents own and run a Tibetan religious and cultural crafts store in Ashland called Tibet Treasures.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Yudron wrote:Then there was a surprise enthronement of 18 Tulku Dorje, who is the rebirth of Gyatrul Rinpoche's teacher (?), studies at Mindrolling, and is an American citizen who looks to be Tibetan.
Yup, he's the rebirth of Rinpoche's root lama, Natsog Rangdrol, one of the Dudjom emanations. And yup, he's ethnically Tibetan. His very nice parents own and run a Tibetan religious and cultural crafts store in Ashland called Tibet Treasures.
I hope it is obvious that I meant to say "18 year old" above.
Yeti

Post by Yeti »

Yudron wrote:I hope it is obvious that I meant to say "18 year old" above.
Nope. After you said it the second time I thought for sure you were proclaiming his correct title. Especially when no one questioned it. I thought he must be 18 Dorjes rolled into one.
"People are fond of saying all sorts of things about others behind their backs, mentioning their names again and again. Instead of slandering others in this way, “slander” the yidam: utter his name repeatedly by reciting his mantra all the time." - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Zurchungpa’s Testament - Shambhala Publications
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

Yeti wrote:
Nope. After you said it the second time I thought for sure you were proclaiming his correct title. Especially when no one questioned it. I thought he must be 18 Dorjes rolled into one.
Glad I cleared that up! Yeah, my typing has been especially weird lately.
Yeti

Post by Yeti »

Yudron wrote:
Yeti wrote:
Glad I cleared that up! Yeah, my typing has been especially weird lately.
Too bad, I was looking forward to an incarnation of a nine spoked double dorje. :yinyang:
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 9/-1/rss16

They are a wonderful couple, when I met Tuprig he was dating his fiance, he gave me a couple of hours teachings when we made prayer flags together from the wood blocks. Sangye Khandro sent him "downstairs" from the residence area of the temple to do this with me on the side lawn where now stands the wing, so we sat on benches and made prayer flags for a few hours in the afternoon, all the while he taught...then some students showed as there was going to be a Ganapuja that night, they made prayer flags too, we did the wood block part and they did the hanging up the flags on the clothes line part.

Later that same day during Ganapuja we spotted each others malas at the point where we do mantra recitation. We were sitting directly across the isle from one another quite close to the throne, what happened in that moment, at the same time we threw each other our malas across the isle, so the malas went air borne.

This surprised Gyatrul Rinpoche who was up in the throne, he saw two malas flying high in the air in front of him as they crossed the middle isle (he he), we caught each others malas, and the malas were identical except for the size of the beads, mine were smaller, but these were the same beads, the same color, the same spacers (green jade bead), everything the same. At the end of the Ganapuja Tuprig went upstairs to the temple residence, but came back downstairs to the shrine room, and presented me with his mala, he said "This is for you, you have helped me"... you see, he was having a hard time, struggling in the beginning when he came to this country, financially it was hard for him here, but on that day, a lady
showed up, she had long black hair and was Asian, Gyatrul Rinpoche came outside and met her, she asked me for a statue of Kyan Yin, I said I knew just the person with this statue, and she was invited into the temple residence, and Tuprig showed her a statue he had with him, this statue was blessed by him for her, and she went away with it after making a nice offering for the statue... this all kind of happened spontaneous style...in Tibet they call that "Tendril". Tuprig felt that happened because I brought her to him and then this offering happened.

When Tuprig presented me this precious gift of his mala because I had helped him, I gave him my mala, then he said to me
"This mala I give you is the precious mala of the last Sharmapa, it was his mala, it has many blessings".

You see, there are Tulkus who are very quiet, who marry and have a family, so now one of the sons is now 18 years and was enthroned by Yang Tang Tulku Rinpoche, he is Natsog Tulku's incarnation, the former miraculous activity emanation of Dudjom Lingpa. I have a fuzzy memory that Natsog Trulku was actually three of the enlightened aspects of enlightened being in one, the speech emanation (gsung gi sprul-sku) the activities emanation (phrin las sprul-sku) and the qualities emanation (yon tan sprul-sku), but I know for certain he was the miraculous activity emanation.

Gyatrul Rinpoche told us the story of his teacher Natsog Tulku, how when Rinpoche was a young boy and the town and his parents thought he had demons, especially because his feet didn't touch the stones sticking up out of the water on the river, but he kind of flew over the stream without his feet touching the stone...some used to try to harm Rinpoche, they'd even tie him up and throw him in the river, some from his own family. They'd put him in the house and he would cry, Rinpoche told me it was his Grandmother that comforted him... so this Natsog Tulku came through the village and this Tulku said to the family and town that the boy was not provocated by the demons but that he was a special boy, a Tulku, and that he would go with Natsog Tulku and travel with him. This Gyatrul Rinpoche has told me, and so far no one has written Gyatrul Rinpoche's official biography, so maybe Sangye Khandro could do that. I know I would buy it, as these kind of stories we get from oral tradition are passed down, but sometimes they don't get told.

ON one occasion Natsog Tulku took Gyatrul Rinpoche to a place where there were small lakes and each one had a different color, anyway, Rinpoche asked to Natsog Tulku, why are the lakes green, red, and different colors? Natsog Tulku said, it is because there is a Mandala in the sky above this place.

Natsog Tulku was eventually captured by the Chinese soldiers, his long white hair was tied to a jeep and his arms and legs were also tied to different jeeps, and this precious teacher was quite literally torn apart, this is how this precious beings last life came to an end.
heart

Post by heart »

Nice and wild story T. Chokyi!

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Nyingma”