Longchenpa at TBRC

Alex Hubbard
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Longchenpa at TBRC

Postby Alex Hubbard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Hey folks,

sorry to be a complete dunce but I've tried searching for Longchenpa material over at the TBRC and come up with nada. Could anyone more savvy than me point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Alex.

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21132
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Longchenpa at TBRC

Postby Malcolm » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:58 pm

Alex Hubbard wrote:Hey folks,

sorry to be a complete dunce but I've tried searching for Longchenpa material over at the TBRC and come up with nada. Could anyone more savvy than me point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Alex.



You need to search on his name, i.e. Dri med 'od zer

http://www.tbrc.org/#!rid=P1583
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

Alex Hubbard
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Re: Longchenpa at TBRC

Postby Alex Hubbard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:45 pm

That's great, thanks.

I saw that name but mistook him for one of Dudjom Lingpa's sons.

I'm looking for the original tibetan of his homage to chang. It's in his 'Miscellaneous Collected Works' apparently, I'll go take a look and see if it's there.

Alex.

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21132
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Longchenpa at TBRC

Postby Malcolm » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:54 pm

Alex Hubbard wrote:That's great, thanks.

I saw that name but mistook him for one of Dudjom Lingpa's sons.

I'm looking for the original tibetan of his homage to chang. It's in his 'Miscellaneous Collected Works' apparently, I'll go take a look and see if it's there.

Alex.



I translated it. I'll dig it up later today, it is on another computer.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

Alex Hubbard
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Re: Longchenpa at TBRC

Postby Alex Hubbard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:01 pm

You're a gent, I appreciate it muchly.

According to 'Sources of the Tibetan Tradition' (which has a pretty idiosyncratic translation) it's in vol.2 pages 328.3– 331.6, but that section on TBRC has the title 'byang chub kyi sems kun byed rgyal po'i don khrin rin chen gru bo' which gave me the impression that the TBRC collection might be a different edition.

Alex.

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21132
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Longchenpa at TBRC

Postby Malcolm » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:09 pm

Alex Hubbard wrote:You're a gent, I appreciate it muchly.

According to 'Sources of the Tibetan Tradition' (which has a pretty idiosyncratic translation) it's in vol.2 pages 328.3– 331.6, but that section on TBRC has the title 'byang chub kyi sems kun byed rgyal po'i don khrin rin chen gru bo' which gave me the impression that the TBRC collection might be a different edition.

Alex.



dri med 'od zer. " bdud rtsi zil mngar ma/." In gsung thor bu/_dri med 'od zer/(sde dge par ma/). TBRC W23504. 2: 332 - 335. paro, bhutan: lama ngodrup and sherab drimey, 1982. http://tbrc.org/link?RID=O00EGS1013837|O2CN67002CN87712CN91062CN91092CN91112CN91122CN91162CN91191PD121506$W23504
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

Alex Hubbard
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Re: Longchenpa at TBRC

Postby Alex Hubbard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:37 pm

Malcolm, yes that's it, thanks so much.

Unfortunately there something wrong as I can't access the reader. It says the RID is invalid. I'll email them. In any case, if you get round to finding your translation I'd really enjoy a read.

Alex.

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21132
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Longchenpa at TBRC

Postby Malcolm » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Alex Hubbard wrote:Malcolm, yes that's it, thanks so much.

Unfortunately there something wrong as I can't access the reader. It says the RID is invalid. I'll email them. In any case, if you get round to finding your translation I'd really enjoy a read.

Alex.



just search on this title.

bdud rtsi zil mngar ma
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

Alex Hubbard
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Re: Longchenpa at TBRC

Postby Alex Hubbard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks, I did that and found two versions, the one from 1973 opened in the reader but not the one from 2000.

Do you know if there are any substantial differences? I'm guessing these are different editions.

Alex.

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21132
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Longchenpa at TBRC

Postby Malcolm » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:02 pm

Alex Hubbard wrote:Thanks, I did that and found two versions, the one from 1973 opened in the reader but not the one from 2000.

Do you know if there are any substantial differences? I'm guessing these are different editions.

Alex.



No, I doubt it. The 200 edition is the same block prints, AFAIK.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

Alex Hubbard
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Re: Longchenpa at TBRC

Postby Alex Hubbard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:06 pm

Ok, different imprints then it seems.

Thanks for all your help.

Alex.

User avatar
Adamantine
Former staff member
Posts: 3525
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Space is the Place

Re: Longchenpa at TBRC

Postby Adamantine » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:19 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Alex Hubbard wrote:That's great, thanks.

I saw that name but mistook him for one of Dudjom Lingpa's sons.

I'm looking for the original tibetan of his homage to chang. It's in his 'Miscellaneous Collected Works' apparently, I'll go take a look and see if it's there.

Alex.



I translated it. I'll dig it up later today, it is on another computer.


Looking forward to it! :namaste:
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 4459
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Longchenpa at TBRC

Postby dzogchungpa » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:53 am

If you go here:
http://www.amazon.com/Sources-Tibetan-Tradition-Introduction-Civilizations/dp/0231135998
and, using the "Look inside" feature, search for "Sweet Nectar Describing the Origins and Qualities of Beer",
you can read a translation of it by Schaeffer.
The whole purpose of Buddhism is to have fun, isn't it? - Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse Rinpoche


Return to “Nyingma”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: topazdreamz and 15 guests