Mahayoga

Rroman

Mahayoga

Post by Rroman »

I will ask here and then ask the lama tomorrow.....

Do you count only the approach or the accomplishment as well? I would guess it might depend on the particular sadhana.

Thanks
R
heart

Re: Mahayoga

Post by heart »

Rroman wrote:I will ask here and then ask the lama tomorrow.....

Do you count only the approach or the accomplishment as well? I would guess it might depend on the particular sadhana.

Thanks
R
To my knowledge you count all the different parts, how much depends tradition that particular sadhana.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
lorem

Post by lorem »

Or if you have a lot of pride like me you don't count.
I should be meditating.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

In my experience, you typically count the approach first to the requisite number or length of time and then you go on to count the accomplishment. While doing the approach, it is common to do one mala of the accomplishment, but, in that case, this is not usually counted. However, in some sadhanas, the approach and accomplishment are combined. IOW, there are not separate approach and accomplishment mantras. After the accomplishment, you then go on to the lay-jor/lay-tshog, enjoining the activities.

:namaste:
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Rroman

Post by Rroman »

Thank you for everyone's reply...

I am more referring to the actually accumulations. I know the sequence of the mantra. I am just not sure what is actually counted when doing the accumulations.

Return to “Nyingma”