Guru Rinpoche Empowerment

bryandavis

Guru Rinpoche Empowerment

Post by bryandavis »

Greetings,

A few months ago H.H. Taklung Tsetrul bestowed an empowerment in NYC.
The organization that sponsored the event listen the empowerment as a "7 line prayer empowerment".

It was mostly attended by the Tibetan/Nepali community.

Is there a particular Guru Rinpoche empowerment connected with the 7 line prayer?

If anyone has more info I would be grateful to know more as I felt a very strong connection to Taklung Tsetrul.

Thanks for any help.

B
narraboth

Re: Guru Rinpoche Empowerment

Post by narraboth »

The first and major terma contains 7 lines prayer is Guru Chowang's Lama Sandu. Maybe this one?
There is another empowerment related to '7 chapters prayers', belongs to Northern Treasure tradition. Or the person remember it wrong, it's 7 chapters rather than 7 lines?
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Le'u Dunma is not part of the byang-gter cycle. It was revealed by Tulku Zangpo Dragpa.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

bryandavis wrote:Greetings,

A few months ago H.H. Taklung Tsetrul bestowed an empowerment in NYC.
The organization that sponsored the event listen the empowerment as a "7 line prayer empowerment".

It was mostly attended by the Tibetan/Nepali community.

Is there a particular Guru Rinpoche empowerment connected with the 7 line prayer?

If anyone has more info I would be grateful to know more as I felt a very strong connection to Taklung Tsetrul.

Thanks for any help.

B

So you recieved the empowerment, and now you want to know if it exists? :?
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
mmm

Post by mmm »

That empowerment actually is coming from terma of Apang Terton. I have recieved it as well. But the text was not provided. It seems one can integrate with any other Guru Rinpoche sadhana. And especially its useful to follow samaya given at end of the empowerment.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

mmm wrote:That empowerment actually is coming from terma of Apang Terton. I have recieved it as well. But the text was not provided. It seems one can integrate with any other Guru Rinpoche sadhana. And especially its useful to follow samaya given at end of the empowerment.
I'd rephrase this for emphasis:
And especially it's mandatory to follow samaya given at end of the empowerment
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

There was no history read during the empowerment, so I was curious if it was perhaps a Lung for the 7 line prayer then a Guru Rinpoche empowerment? Or was it a whole empowerment from a particular cycle? I did have enough presence to know I was receiving some empowerment :tongue:
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

bryandavis wrote:
There was no history read during the empowerment, so I was curious if it was perhaps a Lung for the 7 line prayer then a Guru Rinpoche empowerment? Or was it a whole empowerment from a particular cycle? I did have enough presence to know I was receiving some empowerment :tongue:
mmm may be right, that the wang was coming from the cycle of treasures of Apang Terton, whom HH Sakya Trizen happens to be an incarnation of. There is a Guru Rinpoche wang from that cycle based on the 7 line prayer, which HH Sakya Trizen also bestowed recently. There is likely also a specific Guru Rinpoche wang coming from the initial terma revelation of Guru Chowang of the 7-line prayer, .. Maybe someone here knows offhand but I can look into it too.
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

Sherlock wrote:Le'u Dunma is not part of the byang-gter cycle. It was revealed by Tulku Zangpo Dragpa.
Not totally true.
Rindzin Godem revealed the terma of practicing Le'u Dunma, which is what I mentioned, the empowerment and sadhana texts are in Rinchen Terdzo. Ngali Panchen also have bigger terma cycle linked to Le'u Dunma.
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Maybe someone here knows offhand but I can look into it too.
I'm all ears ( or at least eyes ) if you find out anymore.

All the Best,

B
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

Apam Terton´s terma on 7 line prayer contains various visualizations to be used with the 7 line prayer in order to produce various functions, such as achieving ultimate siddhi, achieving relative siddhi, pacifying, enrichng magnetizing etc. activities and so on.
whitedragon

Post by whitedragon »

The seven line prayer is for all forms of Guru Rinpoche. Although there is more advance practice for different forms.
yeshegyaltsen

Post by yeshegyaltsen »

The empowerment in question is for the Dorje Tshig Dun Zabdrup of Apang Terton, Orgyen Thrinley Lingpa. This is a fairly short treasure cycle that includes a Guru sadhana, with tsok, 108 activity practices, and a brief history of Guru Rinpoche and the origins of the Terma. Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche often gives the Guru Practice, but not the rest of it, so unless one has received the complete cycle, including the reading transmission, one only has authorization to practice the Guru sadhana.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

yeshegyaltsen wrote:The empowerment in question is for the Dorje Tshig Dun Zabdrup of Apang Terton, Orgyen Thrinley Lingpa. This is a fairly short treasure cycle that includes a Guru sadhana, with tsok, 108 activity practices, and a brief history of Guru Rinpoche and the origins of the Terma. Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche often gives the Guru Practice, but not the rest of it, so unless one has received the complete cycle, including the reading transmission, one only has authorization to practice the Guru sadhana.
Thanks for the clarification. .

Do you happen to know if there is a similar wang in the Guru Chowang terma cycle?
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

dzoki wrote:Apam Terton´s terma on 7 line prayer contains various visualizations to be used with the 7 line prayer in order to produce various functions, such as achieving ultimate siddhi, achieving relative siddhi, pacifying, enrichng magnetizing etc. activities and so on.
Does HHST give teachings on this when he gives the empowerment?

Return to “Nyingma”