Can anyone tell me about HE Jigme Lodro Rinpoche?

dzomkyid

Can anyone tell me about HE Jigme Lodro Rinpoche?

Post by dzomkyid »

A friend of mine is planning to work on a long-term project with HE Jigme Lodro Rinpoche, but none of my friends seem to know anything about him.

All I've been able to discover is this:

http://www.chinabuddhismencyclopedia.co ... o_Rinpoche

...and the fact that he teaches at something called the Ewam institute.

Has anyone heard anything about him or his teachers? It's always a good idea to check Lamas out before one gets too deeply involved.
amanitamusc

Re: Can anyone tell me about HE Jigme Lodro Rinpoche?

Post by amanitamusc »

dzomkyid wrote:A friend of mine is planning to work on a long-term project with HE Jigme Lodro Rinpoche, but none of my friends seem to know anything about him.

All I've been able to discover is this:

http://www.chinabuddhismencyclopedia.co ... o_Rinpoche

...and the fact that he teaches at something called the Ewam institute.

Has anyone heard anything about him or his teachers? It's always a good idea to check Lamas out before one gets too deeply involved.

One of his teachers is HH Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok Rinpoche.
He has given the Guyagharba in Tucson.
Rroman

Post by Rroman »

I meet him. He has a center in Maryland. He is a scholar from what I see. He was in Boudha this year. Gave a talk but didn't go. Maybe he is good for your friend, don't know. But, I didn't feel like receiving teachings from him
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Rroman wrote:I meet him. He has a center in Maryland. He is a scholar from what I see. He was in Boudha this year. Gave a talk but didn't go. Maybe he is good for your friend, don't know. But, I didn't feel like receiving teachings from him
Marpa was also a scholar. If you see your Teacher as just a Scholar you reap that fruit.If you see your Teacher as a Buddha
you will reap that fruit.
This Lama'a credentials are impeccable. His teachings are also.
Jinzang

Post by Jinzang »

I've met him. He was teaching at the Ja Ling center in Baltimore for a while and I took a few Tibetan lessons with him. If you think my opinion is worth anything, he seemed like an accomplished Lama to me. I can't remember much about his history, except that he's married, was recognized as a tulku of a Mongolian lama.
"It's as plain as the nose on your face!" Dottie Primrose
jake5521

Post by jake5521 »

This is a really great teacher I have seen with a similar name: Lama Jigme Rinpoche

Lama Jigme Namgyal Rinpoche completed all his traditional spiritual training in Tibet and has spent many years in solitary retreat. After fleeing Communist occupied Tibet to the Tibetan Government in Exile in Dharmasala, India, he had an interview with H.H. the Dalai Lama who gave him the title of Master (Lama). He also gave him a place to build a monastery and teach there, which he did for many years. Rinpoche was also the head ritual master for the Dalai Lama meaning he led many government rituals during his time as Abbot. After some time he came to the United States to teach and live.

https://padmarigdzinling.org/a-short-bi ... -rinpoche/
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Could it be that we now have two Jigme Rinpoches here? :spy:

Lama Jigme Lodro of Awam Institute
and
Lama Jigme of Pema Rigdzin Ling???

It seems to be a third one in Phuntsok Choling

:https://www.phuntsokcholing.org/lama-ji ... e-namgyal/:

:mrgreen:
Lost In Transmission

Return to “Nyingma”