Dzongsar Khyentse requests accumulation of Seven Line Prayer

dzogchungpa

Dzongsar Khyentse requests accumulation of Seven Line Prayer

Post by dzogchungpa »

http://www.followingyourfootsteps.org/

Make sure to check out the trance version of Rinpoche's chanting of the prayer . :smile:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
naljor

Re: Dzongsar Khyentse requests accumulation of Seven Line Pr

Post by naljor »

How we should precisely visualize Guru Padmasambhava in Shower of Blessings sadhana by Mipham?
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

The way we received it from our Teacher(s).
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
naljor

Post by naljor »

It means that every teacher give different form for the same practice?
Terma

Post by Terma »

naljor wrote:It means that every teacher give different form for the same practice?
No, I think most teachers would give the same instructions. They received these from their teachers this way. It is quite a popular practice and i'my sure if you try then you could get the lung and a helpful explanation of the practice.

Otherwise, Rinpoche also suggested to simply recite the 7 line prayer with great thoughtselection of devotion to Guru Rinpoche. I think if you can do this, then it is sufficient.
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Make sure to check out the trance version of Rinpoche's chanting of the prayer .
Wow. That's different. Well, he is Nyingma, and they're pretty out-there! :o
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Outstanding.Plug that into your Ganapuja. :applause:
Sonam_Phuntsok

Post by Sonam_Phuntsok »

Is Dzongzer Khyentse Rime or Nyingma? Does the Rime lineage come from Guru Rinpoche terma or did a few Lamas put together a mix of the all the four schools teachings to bring us all to enlightenment? Is Karmapa now Rime or is he Kagyu lineage?
heart

Post by heart »

Sonam_Phuntsok wrote:Is Dzongzer Khyentse Rime or Nyingma? Does the Rime lineage come from Guru Rinpoche terma or did a few Lamas put together a mix of the all the four schools teachings to bring us all to enlightenment? Is Karmapa now Rime or is he Kagyu lineage?
There is no Rime lineage. Rime is about respecting and upholding a multitude of teachings and lineages without mixing anything. Karmapa is of course the main lama of the Karma Kagyu lineage.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

He says that he was trained as a Sakyapa.
He s responsible for Dzongsar, a Sakyapa monastery.
He is responsible for the termas of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo.
His other practices are Kagyu and Nyingma.
Of course, He's also part of a family lineage within the Nyingma.
MalaBeads

Re: Dzongsar Khyentse requests accumulation of Seven Line

Post by MalaBeads »

ngodrup wrote:He says that he was trained as a Sakyapa.
He s responsible for Dzongsar, a Sakyapa monastery.
He is responsible for the termas of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo.
His other practices are Kagyu and Nyingma.
Of course, He's also part of a family lineage within the Nyingma.
Kind of like ChNN that way. Choegyal Nhamkai Norbu was recognized as the reincarnation of a Kagyu Lama. He grew up in a Sakya monastery and was educated by the Sakyapas and because he teaches Dzogchen, he is assumed by many Tibetans to be Nyimgma. He tells a very funny story about this.
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
Punya

Post by Punya »

Sonam_Phuntsok wrote:Is Dzongzer Khyentse Rime or Nyingma? Does the Rime lineage come from Guru Rinpoche terma or did a few Lamas put together a mix of the all the four schools teachings to bring us all to enlightenment? Is Karmapa now Rime or is he Kagyu lineage?
DJKR says that the Tibetan schools are just a Tibetan thing and it is the lineages that matter. The lineages are the unbroken chain of transmission and there is so much blessing in making a connection to one or more. The purpose of the Rime movement is the active propagation of the teachings of as many practice lineages as possible. No mixing up is intended. Not all lineages are based on terma but one of DJKR's major responsibilities is to continue the Khyentse lineage. The termas of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo, by definition, come from Guru Rinpoche.
Last edited by Punya on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

There's an interesting discussion of Rinpoche's Riméness here: http://all-otr.org/public-talks/8-the-grilling,
in OTR's response to the question "Who is Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche’s true root teacher?"
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Sonam_Phuntsok

Post by Sonam_Phuntsok »

I am sorry but you did not answer my question and the article you kindly posted in incomplete. Is he actually Rime, a nonsectarian mix from all the four schools, or is he Nyingma? Also he only donates money and supports the Nyingma lineage, such as building the Nyingma Gompa and accomodation for the annual Nyingma monlam in Bodhgaya. He has not been contributing to Sakya, Gelugpa, Bon, Jonan or Kagyu in a similar manner. There are other schools who also need his help.

Is the Rime syllabus which he put together a few life times ago actually a terma from Guru Rinpoche? Surely Guru Rinpoche is perfect as Buddha in his own right and that his terma do not need to be added to with other practices, hence all my confusion.

There are no gelugpa practices in his formation of the Rime syllabus, other than watered down lam rim summaries such as "the foundation of all good qualties" which is just basic sutra stuff, and this was all before Pabongka Rinpoche, so there would have been many Gelugpa Rinpoches to whom he could have received empowerment, especially and most importantly Lama Chopa with integrating the three deities as prescribed by Tsong Khapa. It is only now that there are few if any Rinpoches who do not share lineage with Pabongka.

Does he propose Kagyu meditation techniques over Nyingma meditation techniques? And why? Surely he would be the best person to know whether Kagyu or Nyingma techniques are best.
philji

Post by philji »

Sonam_Phuntsok wrote:I am sorry but you did not answer my question and the article you kindly posted in incomplete. Is he actually Rime, a nonsectarian mix from all the four schools, or is he Nyingma? Also he only donates money and supports the Nyingma lineage, such as building the Nyingma Gompa and accomodation for the annual Nyingma monlam in Bodhgaya. He has not been contributing to Sakya, Gelugpa, Bon, Jonan or Kagyu in a similar manner. There are other schools who also need his help.

Is the Rime syllabus which he put together a few life times ago actually a terma from Guru Rinpoche? Surely Guru Rinpoche is perfect as Buddha in his own right and that his terma do not need to be added to with other practices, hence all my confusion.

There are no gelugpa practices in his formation of the Rime syllabus, other than watered down lam rim summaries such as "the foundation of all good qualties" which is just basic sutra stuff, and this was all before Pabongka Rinpoche, so there would have been many Gelugpa Rinpoches to whom he could have received empowerment, especially and most importantly Lama Chopa with integrating the three deities as prescribed by Tsong Khapa. It is only now that there are few if any Rinpoches who do not share lineage with Pabongka.

Does he propose Kagyu meditation techniques over Nyingma meditation techniques? And why? Surely he would be the best
person to know whether Kagyu or Nyingma techniques are best.
Some unusual points in this post.. Particularly the last line... " he would've the best to know whether Kagyu or nyingma techniques are best" .......Milarepa v Jigme Lingpa.... What a contest!!!
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

SP, this is getting a bit off topic. If this is an important issue for you, perhaps you should start another thread.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Rime is not "mixing the schools"! And why should rime be a terma?
Lost In Transmission
orgyen jigmed

Post by orgyen jigmed »

" Receiving abhisheka is not the same as collecting coins. or stamps or the signatures of famous people. Receiving hundreds and hundreds of abhishekas and constantly collecting blessing after blessing as some kind of self-confirmation has at times become a fad, a popular thing to do. This was true in Tibet in the nineteenth century as well as more recently in the West. That attitude, which reflects the recent corruption in the presentation of vajrayana. has created an enormous misunderstanding. People who collect successive abhishekas in this manner regard them purely as a source of identity and as a further reference point. They collect abhishekas out of a need for security, which is a problem.

Jamgon Kongtrul the Great, a Tibetan teacher who lived in the nineteenth century, was raised and educated as an enlightened student of vajrayana. Because he received so many transmissions, it might seem that he was doing the same thing - collecting abhishekas. But in his case it was an entirely different process because he felt, he experienced, and he understood what he studied. After he finished his basic training, he studied under and received all the teachings from more than one hundred and thirty-five teachers. Then he initiated a reformation of Buddhism in Tibet, which he called the Rime school. The term Rime literally means "without bias," and "ecumenical approach." The Rime school brought together the various contemplative traditions of Tibetan Buddhism to create a powerful practicing lineage, which we ourselves belong to. My predecessor, the tenth Trungpa tulku, also belonged to that lineage.

The Rime school made an enormous impression. For one thing, it generated a great deal of sarcasm and jealousy on the part of some practitioners; "Why make a big deal out of nothing? Why can't we just go on as we were and continue to buy abhishekas? What's wrong with what we are doing? But Jamgon Kongtrul had seen that something was wrong with the tradition and practice; something was wrong with receiving a succession of abhishekas purely as collectors' items. He pointed out that problem by saying that if we have no understanding of the practicing lineage then we are just collecting piles of manure, and there is no point in that. A pile of manure may be ripe, smelly, and fantastic, but it is still a pile of shit. If we were manure experts, we could utilize it. But when we are actually collecting such manure to try to make it into food, that is out of the question...".

Quote from Chogyam Trungpa (2000). Journey Without Goal: The tantric wisdom of the Buddha.pp. 89-90. Shambhala, Boston.
"If the aspiration for enlightenment is your motivation in coming to see me, there is no remedy except meditative practice. I, too, will only practice." - Zurpoche Sakya Jungne
Manju

Post by Manju »

Make sure to check out the trance version of Rinpoche's chanting of the prayer.
My practice for the next 20 years:

Maintain so-called recognition while listening to the trance version, uffffff :rolling:

Manju

Return to “Nyingma”