Khenpo Guru's New Book

Palzang Jangchub

Khenpo Guru's New Book

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

PALYUL CLEAR LIGHT (PCL) publishes the teachings of the Palyul masters and supports dharma activities under the direction of Khenchen Tsewang Gyatso Rinpoche, guided by the vision of late HH Penor Rinpoche, and with the blessings of HH Karma Kuchen Rinpoche. PCL has the pleasure of announcing the publication of Guidelines for Training the Bodhisattva Mind by Khenchen Tsewang Gyatso Rinpoche.
Palyul Clear Light wrote:In Tibetan Buddhism, bodhicitta refers to the "enlightened mind." In this book, Khenchen Tsewang Gyatso Rinpoche of Namdroling Monastery in South India explains how our minds become deluded, and how that delusion leads to suffering in our lives and a constant cycle of rebirths. Khen Rinpoche explains how we can train our minds in compassion and loving kindness to break out of this cycle and to bring more joy and happiness to our day-to-day lives. Regardless of your religious beliefs, this book offers techniques for calming the negative forces in your life, leading to increased joy and peace of mind.
http://www.amazon.com/Guidelines-Traini ... 996207619/

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
tingdzin

Re: Khenpo Guru's New Book

Post by tingdzin »

Haven't yet read the book, but a great teacher. Thanks for the announcement.
Palzang Jangchub

Re: Khenpo Guru's New Book

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Same here, tingdzin. I'll make sure to post a review once I've gotten a copy and had a chance to read it.

The first teachings I ever received were from Khenchen. It was only later, when I started meeting other Rinpoches, that I realized just how excellent his command of English is. He doesn't need to use a translator, which still seems a bit rare for a Tibetan lama... at least in my circles.

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ

Return to “Nyingma”